Deadly Roads.....Good article for folks travelling to DR.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
....and driving around the country to keep in mind............certainly applies here.

Copyrighted article, removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Amazing how you don't see how it applies to the DR....

....but if this article "makes no sense" to the moderators of the board, then by all means, remove it.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Believe it or not....I did not write the article.....

P.S. Do you drive here in this country?

Last edited:

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Yes she does drive here and a lot better than most - she used to be an Ice road trucker.. Some of the bravest, best drivers in the world eh AnnaC?? They drive under the Northern Lights on pure ice and can only drive for a few months of the year until the defrosts set in - making necessary deliveries

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
But the Ice Roads are very wide, there are no burros, no motoconchistas, no Haitians hawking different goods, no p?blicos.....just huge behemoths roaring along 24/7.

The article has merit. Just yesterday, in my little peace of the DR, there was a horrendous crash just 150 yards from my house!! A guy comes up a one way street, goes through a STOP sign and hits a little Toyota Corolla Station wagon. I do not know if the Toyota driver survived. Then a few hours later, a bunch of my judo students were hit broadside by one of Baldom's trucks, fortunately, no major injuries.

The article points out that highways and byways overseas are "different" than the US or Canada or even Europe (except Italy!!)..

Driving here needs luck and awareness far beyond the norm.

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.