General Handyman/Builder - North Coast

moviemouth

Jul 12, 2005
I hope I'm not breaking any "shameless commerce" rules with this post (If I am, I'm sure few of you will see it), but I have had a very good experience with my handyman/builder that I would like to share with the board in hopes of rewarding a good businessman and helping other DR-1'ers. I have absolutely no financial interest in Mr. de Luna's work whatsoever.

The man's name is Cesar de Luna. He can personally handle most plumbing, electrical, painting and heavy yard work himself, but he also has a large network of skilled workmen that he can bring in and manage to accomplish almost any job you can think of. Cesar speaks good English and, most important of all, is completely honest and reliable. He gives you written estimates and sticks to them and he respects promised deadlines. His prices are not cheap by any means, but for me the quality of the work and lack of aggravation made them a very fair value (Of course others may think differently). A list of work he has recently done for me include:

Complete kitchen renovation w new cabinets, granite counters etc.

Patio renovation & extention including a roof.

Complete break up and removal of a slate pool terrace and replacement with coralina (with particular attention paid to grade and drainage).

Complete rebuild of the diesel engine of a 12KW planta

Installation of razorwire around the walls of an almost 1/2 acre property.

Painting of my villa inside and out (including the roof tiles).

Removal of two large diseased palm trees including the stumps

Anyone interested can PM me for details. Also I will be at my house in Costa Azul during the entire month of October and will be glad to show Cesar's work and make introduction if desired.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I hope I'm not breaking any "shameless commerce" rules with this post (If I am, I'm sure few of you will see it), but I have had a very good experience with my handyman/builder that I would like to share with the board in hopes of rewarding a good businessman and helping other DR-1'ers. I have absolutely no financial interest in Mr. de Luna's work whatsoever.

The man's name is Cesar de Luna. He can personally handle most plumbing, electrical, painting and heavy yard work himself, but he also has a large network of skilled workmen that he can bring in and manage to accomplish almost any job you can think of. Cesar speaks good English and, most important of all, is completely honest and reliable. He gives you written estimates and sticks to them and he respects promised deadlines. His prices are not cheap by any means, but for me the quality of the work and lack of aggravation made them a very fair value (Of course others may think differently). A list of work he has recently done for me include:

Complete kitchen renovation w new cabinets, granite counters etc.

Patio renovation & extention including a roof.

Complete break up and removal of a slate pool terrace and replacement with coralina (with particular attention paid to grade and drainage).

Complete rebuild of the diesel engine of a 12KW planta

Installation of razorwire around the walls of an almost 1/2 acre property.

Painting of my villa inside and out (including the roof tiles).

Removal of two large diseased palm trees including the stumps

Anyone interested can PM me for details. Also I will be at my house in Costa Azul during the entire month of October and will be glad to show Cesar's work and make introduction if desired.

That is a great recommendation and, as I have seen the results, I will endorse your comments of his work and if, and when, we require such refurbishments I would definitely approach Cesar - would he be prepared to work this far away from Cabarete though?

moviemouth

Jul 12, 2005
That is a great recommendation and, as I have seen the results, I will endorse your comments of his work and if, and when, we require such refurbishments I would definitely approach Cesar - would he be prepared to work this far away from Cabarete though?

I'm sure he would, WB, as he lives just down the road in Sabaneta.