Shipping to Punta Cana?

wallpaper4

Jul 28, 2007
If a non-resident were moving to Punta Cana for business but cannot bring everything they need via their flight, 1) how would they 'ship' their minimal personal items and 2) are they taxed if the items are used? 3) If this is possible, are there any suggestions as to which companies are the best?

Thank you so much~

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
minimal personel items they would always ship in their hand luggage legally.
what you wanna ship???
you have to be more specific.
if you bring laptop with you, nobody cares about it, used or new, no tax.
if you bring 3 or 5, who would believe in a personel item stuff?
if your ITEMS are personel stuff they fit in your luggage and will not be taxed.
anything else when the luggage gets checked will be taxed.
have fun
Mike

Sharkyitis

Aug 2, 2007
I'm not sure about the rates, but you can check out DHL in Punta Cana - they do have an office there.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes, they work together with several offices, i.e. they work with the Metro station in punta cana, located at a crossing well known as Coco Loco, no kidding, that's the name of the location. if you have a direction in PC they also deliver to your address in PC, but check the rates, i received last year a few documents via UPS from germany, just 3 pieces of paper, and the fee been over 70.- euros for that, which was the minimum fee for up to 1kg of weight. if you are talking about bigger/heavier stuff you should get info by your airline, maybe those extra kilos get a better rate, check it out.
Mike