Whale Watching

agilitymom

Aug 19, 2007
Would you say that February is a good time to book a room for whale watching? What city would you stay in? Thanks.
Dana

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
An excellent time for watching whales.
Your best place is Saman?. They have very organized tours for watching whales. Get in touch with Kim Beddal or Bedall (?) ...you can find references to her in the Search function of these boards.

She is the best by far.. it is an experience you will never forget.

Cordially,

HB

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
As Hillbilly says. I've been whale watching in Samana three times now and Kim's is by far the best. The website is largely still under construction but there are links for contact details.

If you are planning on going out more than once then I'd definitely say stay in Samana. If you're only going to do one trip, then anywhere as far of PoP/Sosua/Cabarete is 'do-able' as a day trip, all be it, with an early start (5am ish).

This shot was taken from a Kim trip last January. I'll go again next January too!

366959507_f974e1c9de_o.jpg

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
An excellent time for watching whales.
Your best place is Saman?. They have very organized tours for watching whales. Get in touch with Kim Beddal or Bedall (?) ...you can find references to her in the Search function of these boards.

She is the best by far.. it is an experience you will never forget.

Cordially,

HB
"Kim Beddall Whale Samana" phone#:(809) 538-2494 at Victoria Marine.

agilitymom

Aug 19, 2007
Thanks for all the information. I can't wait to go. Have seen them in Alaska & it never gets boring.

Dana