Tourist Cards

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
All:

Just an update based upon my recent experience to DR. When I arrived in SD on the 18th of August, I paid the $10 tourist card fee. I was on the ground in Santo Domingo for 19 days and I had no problems at all. There was no additional fees imposed and I was no prompted by any questions or concerns at the Exit Points at the airport by immigration personnel.

I know there has been a few questions about over-staying beyond the 14 day limit, but I was there like I said for 19 days and had no problems.

:cheeky:

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
All:

Just an update based upon my recent experience to DR. When I arrived in SD on the 18th of August, I paid the $10 tourist card fee. I was on the ground in Santo Domingo for 19 days and I had no problems at all. There was no additional fees imposed and I was no prompted by any questions or concerns at the Exit Points at the airport by immigration personnel.

I know there has been a few questions about over-staying beyond the 14 day limit, but I was there like I said for 19 days and had no problems.

:cheeky:

It has been changed from 15 days to 30 days somewhere in 2006. According to the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada and the Dominican tourist Consulate in Montreal, the tourist card is still valid for 30 days. It seems that the Dominican Direccion General de Migracion has not changed the tarif yet.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
23 days and no extra fee

I just got back and was not asked for the additional US$10 / 300 peso

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
The tourist card is your first opportunity to get a great smile from a pretty Dominicana. After that you're supposed to stop at the Brugal kiosk, and then be on your way to the taxi cabs.