Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many dollars a month can u live in DR!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How many dollars a month can u live in DR!!

what's a decent monthly salary to live in santiago or santo domnigo giving you have a home that's paid for or not . Thank you

what's ok
    $500
    $1000
    $1500

I know that with $2000 i can live will !!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Suchs a montly salary, you will not earn in DR.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Where do you want to live? How many people do you need to support?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dre Broeders View Post
    Suchs a montly salary, you will not earn in DR.
    Why not?
    There are people that make that amount of money a month in the DR

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I know people living in the DR (several cities) making from 150 dollars a month to 15,000 dollars a month. All of them live decently (they dont beg for food nor are involved in questionable activities).

Just like in any other country, it all comes down as to how do you want to live (do you feel the urge to keep up with the Joneses?) and what education/skills/assets do you have.

What for me is good enough, for you could be bad and viceversa. You would do better if you find out what do you need to live "decently" and ask later for the costs associated here.

Good luck

Jess

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Living on $150/mo in the DR......"NOT"

You are wrong. One cannot live on $150 USD/mo in the DR, unless your entire family of 5-8 people are each making $150/mo. Nowhere in the country is it possible, and do it legit (not stealing from others).

Please do not mislead folks into thinking $150/mo is enough to live on. Your OTC meds, bottled water, electricity, propane, transportation, will consume every bit of $150/mo. You still have housing, food, etc. to pay.

I live on a larger budget and find it difficult to justify my expenses here in the DR. It is downright expensive for me to live how I do presently. Over the past 4 years, I have seen a huge difference (upward) in cost of living in the DR.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

With two persons you need 2.500 US Dollar, if you want to live normal and not like an animal.

I didn't last long...
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dicelo otra vez.....

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones View Post
    I got news for ya Semanajon, 150 dollars (or less)is what most free zone employees make a month (4950 pesos)

Many, many people live on that.

Now, whether or not someone is willingly going to live that lifestyle is another story.
    You are ABSOLUTELY, 1,000% CORRECT!!!!.

Million of Dominicans have been living their lives, FOR GENERATIONS, with 4-5,000 pesos a month.

Granted, they don't live a life of luxury but they have been able to manage. So to say that a person can't live on 150 dollars in the DR is pure bullshyt!.

I know it's a life a foreigner does NOT want to live but there are millions of Dominicans living that life as we speak.

I personally know a person in the DR that makes it, with one disabled son, with 2 pensions totalling 4,700 pesos (she owns her house). And I am sure they do NOT go hungry.

It all depends on the person(s) lifestyle. Nothing more, nothing less!.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Free Zone?

I have been hearing about the Free Zone in different posts lately--can someone explain what that is. Thanks.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

A Free Zone allows a manufacturer to import materials into a country and process them without paying duty. The most common use for a US company is shipping cloth to another country having it sewn in a free zone and only paying duty on the value added by the sewing when the finished goods are imported back to the US.
    It allows the company to use very cheap labor for certain tasks.
    The Free Zone is usually a fenced plant that the government has declared to be duty free.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast