Utility Payments?

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
I think that I remembered someone posting that utility payments by credit card must be with a card issued by a DR bank. It this the case?

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Check out..........

..........EDENORTE DOMINICANA S.A. ...........assuming you are on the north coast......Payments can be made on line there..........

I know that a few years ago (before the website) I needed a DR credit Card which I got, but am not sure if that still applies now that the website is available.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Be easier and less entangled to open a credit or Debit card in the DR. NOt complicated. I will check on this issue, as it is something I am not familiar with.

HB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Depends on where you are.....

Doesn't make much sense but this is what we found (and why we no longer have a Codetel land line).

When in the DR we can pay in person, by phone or by internet with our Canadian CC.

When in Canada we can't pay by phone or by internet EVEN WITH a Dominican CC.

Does this make sense??? NO but it is perfectly in keeping with Dominican idiosyncrasies!

jlw919

Sep 18, 2003
Credit Card Payments

We have been paying our utilities in Santiago with a US Visa card for over a year with few problems from the US and Santiago.
r
Jimmy

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I think that I remembered someone posting that utility payments by credit card must be with a card issued by a DR bank. It this the case?
I live in SD and I had to get a DR cc to make payments on line for my Electric and phone as well as cable.They do not accept the other country ccsThis is Edeeste by the way.
bob

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Edenorte

I just registered online to pay my Edenorte bill using a mastercard issued in USA. The system accepted this card... but I won't know until the next bill whether it truly works.

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
US-issued credit card worked

As reported in my previous post, I registered a US-issued Mastercard on Edenorte's web site. Now that I've paid my first online Edenorte bill, I can report that it worked perfectly.

Regards,
Ben

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

I pay Edenorte, Corasaan, Codetel all with my Bank of American account. Also, I buy my groceries at El Nacional with the card too.

For most other things I use cash and since Scotiabank doesn't charge ATM user fees for BOA customers it's a no brainer to withdraw cash whenever I need it, up to a max. of RD10000.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
For most other things I use cash and since Scotiabank doesn't charge ATM user fees for BOA customers it's a no brainer to withdraw cash whenever I need it, up to a max. of RD10000.

Does BOA give you a fair exchange rate when withdrawing RD Pesos from Scotia Bank?

They are pigs when you use a NON affiliated bank's ATM with a $5 charge PLUS (3%) Fx Fee.

tambo'