A new look on things....

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
So I went out for supper last night, with a friend of a friend, who had recently married a guy from the DR and brought him back to live in her city....

Being a little nosy like I am and liking a lil chimosa...I noticed there was a lil bit of an age difference between the 2, but they seemed to be getting on well...Anyways, let me fastforward my thoughts...I was thinking that maybe DR men/women like to marry people from abroad, just so that they can enjoy a better quality of life.

Let me expand, alot of the time, people sharing their stories in the sankie forum are often saying that "he did not ask me for money", "I never sent him anything", but maybe those are just small. Maybe these type of Dominican men/women really have their eye on the final prize...a better quality life with someone aboad(no matter if they end up living in the DR or not)...

Just a thought....

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Are you FBI !!!! Damn....you do your research eh ???

Bad posts she be able to be forgotten like bad hair or something....

That was a long time ago....I was a BRONZE....I'm a big Silver girl NOW !!!1

No further details without my lawyer present :)

Last edited:

sheets

Aug 30, 2007
A mature person would always ask themselves how they would act in certain situations. Can we all honestly say that if we were in the same position as some in the Republic that we would act differently? Let's make it more interesting what if children were invovled that needed to be cared for. Humm... makes one think. One really never knows what one will do if presented with some off the curveballs that life presents. I'm blessed to have been born in the land of oppurtunity, but realistically we all could have been born anywhere. We have no control over where we are born it's simply luck of the draw. We I not want to marry someone who could offer me oppurntunity if they came along. If I'm ambitious would i not look at all options. Of course not trying to take advantage of a person, but that being said who knows what one will do when properly motivated.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
We I not want to marry someone who could offer me oppurntunity if they came along. If I'm ambitious would i not look at all options. Of course not trying to take advantage of a person, but that being said who knows what one will do when properly motivated.

These people are not ambitious-they are opportunistic. Laying around some corrugated tin roof shack having babies from the local tigres and hoping some gringo comes and saves them is not what I call a life, even within the confines of the lower classes of the DR.

Just ask that poor italian chap that got his oatmeal juice poisoned by his loving dominican wife and her lover.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
singing,

I can see clearly now the lust is gone
it's gonna be a bright, bright
sunshiny day !!!

or

ain't no sunshine when my sankies gone !!!