Allegro Resort Bavaro

R

rick

Will be staying at the Allego Resort Bavaro 1st week of July. Any information on this Resort would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks Rick

F

fred

Rick,

I'm sure by now you know about Debbie's Dominican Republic webpage, they have all kinds of reviews in this site. My wife and I are leaving Saturday for a weeks stay at the Allegro. Unfortunately, as we return you'll be arriving there (our stay is from June 24-July 1), so I won't be able to pass along any "words of wisdom". I've heard mainly good reports about the resort, and if you haven't been to Punta Cana before, get ready for the best beaches anywhere (we have visited PC 5 times now).

If I can help anymore, don't hesitate to e-mail. We will be leaving Friday afternoon around 2:00 PM to drive to Toronto for our flight.

Enjoy your vacation.

Fred

C

Crystal

Rick, just got back from that hotel, the lobby and grounds are beautiful. The rooms are very plain!! The food was great, the water and the beach was nice, but took a couple trip on the island which was nicer . The water in front has some nice snorkelling. We had a great time there. They are very friendly people!!! The pool was pretty, only got in once. We love the ocean.

F

fred

Crystal,

I don't know if you'll see this in time to respond, but if you do it would be greatly appreciated.

As I said to Rick, my wife and I leave on Friday and arrive there on Saturday. I have a few specific questions though.

1. What buildings/rooms are at the beach? I am on crutches due to a broken leg & ankle, and a room at the beach would greatly reduce my walking since that is where we will spend the days.

2. Any tips or words of wisdom for our stay at the Allegro?

Thanks,
Fred

C

Crystal

The hotel rooms are done in colors, the blue and the pink carmel which is building 4 is by the beach. The hot pink one is not. But none of them are real far a way. We stayed in number 4 pink- carmel color on the Second floor. Ask for ground floor if you can not do stairs, no elevators!!! If you do any trips, which might be hard for you do the BAVARO RUNNERS, it takes you to see sugar cane fields, to a nice beach, a home were you eat fresh fruit, and you see coffee and coco. You horseback ride, which you could pass on that an just sit and relax. You getlunch. The Saona island tour is nice also. Do not do the Aqua tour it is the same reef that you can go out and snorkel for 10.00. The vendors on the beach will always go lower. Eat at the special resturants. But the buffets are good also. The weather was great, not really hot on beach, nice breeze. If you have any other questions, leave your e-mail on here. And I will e-mail you back. Have a great time!! We loved it!!!

F

fred

Crystal,

Thanks for the information. We did the "runners" excursion last year and loved it also, would recommend it.

The buildings and rooms were my largest concern, we'll try to get one of the buildings that you mentioned. We have heard mostly good about the food, especially the Italian Restaraunt. Hopefully we'll have the chance to try it, we've heard that it is hard to get reservations most of the time.

Thanks again for your help. My e-mail address is parker1417@cs.com, in case you think of anything else.

Fred