Cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosss

Jan 22, 2007
Does anyone know where I could purchase a used/reconditioned cell phone in Sosua.How much should I pay.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Does anyone know where I could purchase a used/reconditioned cell phone in Sosua.How much should I pay.

I can't answer that one, but I bought a used one on eBay and had it activated in Sosua. Verizon...and I think as long as I purchase minutes at least every six months I don't lose my DR phone number.

Had it activated down across from the large bank...kind of...that's really vauge but the best I can do with out lookin g at a map

There are also a few places in los Charimicos where you might get better prices...I have been to them with chicas when they buy minutes...I think there is one going down the hill (this would be the los Char main exit, the "one way" going up to the highway)

maybe somebody more "local" can give you some better details....

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Charamicos is a good possibility, starting with the store next to the Caribe Tours terminal.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Unless you're looking for a phone with fancy features, why buy a used one. You can probably get a new phone for about $40 including a 100RD calling card.

With a used phone, you never know if the battery is any good until after you've bought it.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Music Man:

I assume you offer DR1 members a discount in return for the FREE advertising that you are doing here?

I had my telephone activated by you last year when Verizon was unable to do so and endorse your services, but you may ruffle the feathers of the management with your style of promotion!

tambo'

Status
Not open for further replies.