kite in punta cana

icewebdan

Sep 10, 2007
Hi

Will be in Punta Cana in January...Anybody can give me information about the possibility of Kite surfing in Punta Cana.
I will be at the Barcelo Punta Cana (Breeze hotel)

IceWebDan

Sunscape Mike

Jun 1, 2007
No rental places as far as I have seen, but I do see boarders out with thier own equipment.

Cheers

Sunscape mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
there been a french guy working here last year as a teacher for kitesurfing, he also rented boards. tomorrow i will take a look for him on the beach, it's been a while that i saw him. private kiters we have, yes, but no shop aso on the east coast.
if you bring your own kite equipment there's no problem to use it here.
have fun
Mike

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
Hey Mike-
What made you decide to relocate to Cabeza de Toro? Is there less competition down there for you for the fishing business? Try the little local beach restaurant there. It is right in front of Pulpos. Great food. Reasonably priced.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey Caren,
it is not for competition, because i don't sell the sportfishing on the beach or with touroperators, is sll with clubs and on the web. most of my clients book months ahead, specially for the Billfish on flyfishing tackle, just 1 boat and 1 crew(myself) on the whole island.
the smaller 29ft boat is in cabeza de toro at the watersports center of the catalonia hotel, owned by a ling years friend of mine. and the big ones i am moving to the Punta Cana Marina starting with the upcoming winter season to have full dock service, gas station aso, for better customers services at all. i have also part time boats at the Cap Cana Marina for private sportfishing Tourneys.
i know the little restaurant, it is a great spot, there's nobody living in cabeza de toro who doesn't know Mike, lol.
have fun
Mike