Feb 7, 2007
Need to order parts online.

How would you translate into English:

"Terminal(es)" and "Rotula(s)"

located within the front undercarriage/steering

Thank you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Terminales de gu?a are the end pieces of the steering arms. there is a better name for them but it escapes me right now.

Rotula--no idee...

HB

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Terminales de gu?a are the end pieces of the steering arms. there is a better name for them but it escapes me right now.

Rotula--no idee...

HB

"Terminales de gu?a" are, or used to be, known in what Bill Gates calls "UK English" as "track rod ends" I'm not sure but aren't "Rotulas" by the same token "kingpins"?

Bryan

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Need to order parts online.

How would you translate into English:

"Terminal(es)" and "Rotula(s)"

located within the front undercarriage/steering

Thank you.

First...I am no mechanic, but rotula means kneecap, so maybe it is a part that works like a kneecap... my 2 cents....

BTW "manana seguro" means "maybe next week".... "manana, si dios quiere" means "I can not fix it" or "I have no clue where I can get the part your car need"

Feb 7, 2007
So Terminales are "Tie Rod Ends" as shown by car parts websites.

"Rotulas" are some parts that the "terminales" enter/slide into.

Any ideas what could the English word be?

Thanks

EDITED: would the "rotula" be "tie rod"... looking at some pics online it could be... toe rod end slides into tie rod...

ideas?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
So Terminales are "Tie Rod Ends" as shown by car parts websites.

"Rotulas" are some parts that the "terminales" enter/slide into.

Any ideas what could the English word be?

Thanks

EDITED: would the "rotula" be "tie rod"... looking at some pics online it could be... toe rod end slides into tie rod...

ideas?
Could it be ball joints?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
YES!!! Terminales are ball joints....thanks, Last night I w as not thinking too good.

Still don't know what "rotulas" are, in a clear fashion...

HB

rotondon

Aug 16, 2007
Terminales And Rotulas

Ok Here We Go

Terminales Are Tie Rod Ends Which You Have Two An Inner And An Outer On Both Sides Of The Car-these Are Small Arms With Threads On One End An A Small Yoke On The Other-the Outer Attaches To The Steering Knukle At The Wheel End The Inner Attaches Either To A Center Link Or To The Rack And Pinion.

Rotulas Are Ball Joints Which Usually There Are Two On Again Both Sides There Is And Upper And A Lower On Cars With A Strut Type Suspension You Will Only Have A Lower

Kingpins Are Normally Used On Trucks But Normally On Older Models.

If Your Car Has A Rack Pinion System Known In Spanish As Pinon Y Cremallera It May Be Better To Get A Rebuilt Unit.

Hpe This Helps

rotondon

Aug 16, 2007
More Info

The Small Yokes Attached To One End Of The Tie Rods Are Also Rotulas As By Design They Work The Same As The Ball Joints But If You Are Ordering Parts They Are Tie- Rods And Ball Joints