Rugby World Cup - Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveb

Aug 7, 2007
Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere in Puerto Plata that is showing the Rugby World Cup Matches?
We will be staying at the Riu Merengue and are travelling out on 23rd for a couple of weeks so need to find a good venue to catch the England game.
Many thanks
Steve (counting the days!)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere in Puerto Plata that is showing the Rugby World Cup Matches?
We will be staying at the Riu Merengue and are travelling out on 23rd for a couple of weeks so need to find a good venue to catch the England game.
Many thanks
Steve (counting the days!)
Have you asked the folks at the resort, if they might be televising it?

steveb

Aug 7, 2007
Good point I guess so I will fire off an email now.

Thought it might be a good atmosphere in a sports bar somewhere in town.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Good point I guess so I will fire off an email now.

Thought it might be a good atmosphere in a sports bar somewhere in town.
The POP expats will be able to tell you if there's a decent sports bar in the city for you to go to.
Being lazy as I am, I prefer things that are easier, but I do understand you wanting to be with a group of likeminded fans.

BJClintern

Aug 18, 2007
Slightly off topic, but the poster that can answer steveb's question may also be able to answer mine.

Is there a good place to have a few beers and watch the Dallas Cowboys play on Sunday?

No Cowboy haters, please.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The famous Eddy;s Sports Bar in Sosua will have all you need. It is on Calle Ayuntamiento. Easy to find.

Here we have the Rugby on ESPN 2. I saw Samoa get beat by RSA and Namibia got beat by ???? I forget...

HB

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Slightly off topic, but the poster that can answer steveb's question may also be able to answer mine.

Is there a good place to have a few beers and watch the Dallas Cowboys play on Sunday?

No Cowboy haters, please.
If it's televised on cable, then you can watch it anywhere, if not, you'll need a sports bar.
Will you still be in Puerto Plata at that time?

BJClintern

Aug 18, 2007
"If it's televised on cable, then you can watch it anywhere, if not, you'll need a sports bar.
Will you still be in Puerto Plata at that time?"

Not sure, but probably. I may even be playing golf at game time, but I hate to miss Cowboy games. If they don't do well this year, there'll be a lot of unhappy citizens in Dallas since expectations are very high for this team. We're kind of spoiled that way. Good thing they outlasted the Giants in spite of Eli Manning's sterling performance.

Good to know that options are available. The Cowboys (or Vacqueros?) are popular in Mexico, but I didn't know if that was the case in the DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.