hotel recommendation $40.00 decent

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
at my visit to santo domingo I stayed at Hotel Plaza Del Sol it is very cheap I mean affordable it is $40.00 us dollars for one nught A/C decent in case anyone is interested have stayed in other hotels in the malecon but this was a short stay. Good price decent hotel ( john f. kennedy & tiradentes street).

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Was this your first trip to DR? - You should post a full trip report in the Trip Report section. All DR1 members would love to read about your stay.

DAKRA:tired:

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
I usually travel 2 a year

Was this your first trip to DR? - You should post a full trip report in the Trip Report section. All DR1 members would love to read about your stay.

DAKRA:tired:

but since the hourly change it is not as fun although I do have a girlfriend down there were planning on getting married but things changed for the both of us we remain good friends . I'm dominican i've trveling trying to find a nice girl to get married but it's been complicted. Every trip though has been great and i'll return again as I have a great bond with my country. I'll be back in January hopefully .....

GFar

Jan 23, 2007
Is this the only hotel you know in Santo Domingo, I will be there in one week and I like good if not great accomidations?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
check out hotel discovery.

Brand new...the rooms are small but very nice and clean, and you are just steps away from el conde. THey gave me a rate of 46 a night. There is also a nice roof deck with a very small pool to hang out on. Nicer places...sure..but a great price and great location. I'd prefer a balcony...as i smoke...but otherwise a nice place. Again tho..the rooms are quite small tho...but nice.

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
Hotel Mercure!

$44.00 per nite if booked online and at least 7 days in advance.

Free breakfast buffet everyday, clean rooms, safe box, cable, security but rooms are small.

Still worth a visit!