Fun things to do in Sosua besides beach, girls and drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

eduardo99

Aug 21, 2007
Hello,

I am coming down to Sosua next week and just wondering what peoples opinions are for some things that i can do while I'm there besides the obvious. I love the beach there. I love the girls, clubs, restuarants etc. I'm just wondering if anyone had any opinions on other things that I could do during the week, day or night. I wont have a vehicle but dont mind public transportation. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank You,
eduardo

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hello,

I am coming down to Sosua next week and just wondering what peoples opinions are for some things that i can do while I'm there besides the obvious. I love the beach there. I love the girls, clubs, restuarants etc. I'm just wondering if anyone had any opinions on other things that I could do during the week, day or night. I wont have a vehicle but dont mind public transportation. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank You,
eduardo
In and within 10 minutes of Sosua, there are 5 different beaches, scuba diving, snorkeling, windsurfing, kite surfing, regular surfing, jet skiing, deep sea fishing, horseback riding, caves, water slide park, hiking and more.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Rocky,

Where is the jet skiing? I've wanted to do that for some time, but heard they had banned it a few years back.

N

naturelover

i think i saw some on the river mouth passed cabarete didnt i

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I've seen them out there at la boca, too - but only two when i was there & i don't know if they were privately owned or rentals.

This could be where Mel takes his clients, description on his page is of riding up the river in Islabon.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Do a Funny Buggy day trip. Drive an ATV on the back dirt roads with a guide. It is great!

eduardo99

Aug 21, 2007
Thank you for all the options. I'm just trying to stay prepared in case i want to get out of Sosua for a day or two although the trio should be sufficient, i agree

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
go over to puerto plata. see the fort, ride the cable car, walk the malecon. then go over to caberete and bust your butt windsurfing. then come back to sosua for the nightlife...

Daflysta

Jul 17, 2007
What exactly do you hope to "do" in Sosua? ;-)

is it your 1st trip or XXth?

i was there recently looking for an escape from city life. boy will you get that there. believe it or not, the "Girls" scene was a total surprise to me.

as a first time visitor i'd say:

1) stay from the all inclusives and their marketing machine (those guys in white polos and the "vip" on sleeves)

2) learn to ride a simple motobike (it will take you places!) and get someone to recommend you a reputable motobike rental place (look for newest bike if at all poss.) rent one for a few a few days if possible -- that way you can ride off to cabarete or puerto plata -- exactly what i'd do the next time i go back!

3) try rocky's ribs. takes a little time but it's really quite good :) marco, adding a kickin' spicy sauce can make you a LEGEND! you've got the fastball -- develop the curve!

4) of the beach eateries josefin's is a nice place. javier is quite a hospitable dude if you know some spanish. he's on the up & up. tell him a fat chinese guy recommended him to you :)

5) if you feel a little adventurous try the local sugar cane juice guy about 1km west of sosua (bottom of the hill). has a cart and grinds the can in front of your eyes. ABSOLUTE YUMM! but bring a lemon.

6) if you want to know about the "girls" scene drop me a pm.

Frank

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
My take......Sosua = allright beach...major hooker scene 24/7...lousy overprised restaurants and obnoixious fat german pedofiles.....basically a shyte hole......have fun..

Very funny what you said, but it is pretty much the truth. I can only take two or days at a time (maybe twice year) in Sosua and I got to say adios Sosua.

I do know that if you leave Sosua and explore elsewhere you can have a real nice time.

Rocky started a great thread of Exiting Sosua, take some time and read itl

http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/66534-so-youre-bored-sosua.html

Hello,

Thank You,
eduardo

Have you gone to the theatre or the museums in Sosua. I never go for the beach or the girls. I'm there to see the arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.