Shipping Office Equipment - Miami to the North Coast

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I know there have been many threads about shipping companies, but mostly dealing with small packages and mail type items. I am looking for a company in Miami that will ship about 250 lbs of used office equipment...pc's, a printer, and a phone system. Im hoping to deal with a company that is reliable (obviously) and knows how to deal with customs so I actually get my equipment and don't wind up paying $1000's of dollars in duties and taxes. Ive spoken with PakMail (they say they only ship to Santo Domingo, then I have to make arrangements from there), EPS - seems you need an account already setup...and UPS and FedEx.

Is anyone familiar with INTERMAR INTL./ AMELL CXA - they seem to be the most reasonably priced, but I dont know anything about them...

Any other suggestions or advice? I need to get this stuff shipped by tomorrow.

Thanks!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I know there have been many threads about shipping companies, but mostly dealing with small packages and mail type items. I am looking for a company in Miami that will ship about 250 lbs of used office equipment...pc's, a printer, and a phone system. Im hoping to deal with a company that is reliable (obviously) and knows how to deal with customs so I actually get my equipment and don't wind up paying $1000's of dollars in duties and taxes. Ive spoken with PakMail (they say they only ship to Santo Domingo, then I have to make arrangements from there), EPS - seems you need an account already setup...and UPS and FedEx.

Is anyone familiar with INTERMAR INTL./ AMELL CXA - they seem to be the most reasonably priced, but I dont know anything about them...

Any other suggestions or advice? I need to get this stuff shipped by tomorrow.

Thanks!

I'd look at a shipping company here in the DR... one with good connections at customs, which basically operates as a customs broker too. You want to check on their current status. Sometimes they loose a their "contact" because of political changes and such.

The Yellow pages are full of these companies... but you will need to find somebody telling you whom to use and whom not.

Alternatively there are some major office furniture companies in Santo Domingo who do all the custom work... yes, using imported systems too.

... J-D.