Cork Ireland

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
Hello

My husband and i live in here in the DR. He has a 2 year vistor visa (he is dominican) and we are off to the UK next week for a holiday. We have been invited to Cork in Ireland for a few days. I know his visa covers Northern Ireland as it is part of the UK. Does anyone know what is require for a Dominican to visit Ireland?

short notice - granted but any info would be good.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Ireland is also part of the EU, so if he has a UK visa that should be valid to visit(not to stay or work) any EU member country.
to be sure contact a EU member country's embassy, your British, so your embassy here in santo domingo should know about that to be sure.
have fun
Mike

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Ireland is also part of the EU, so if he has a UK visa that should be valid to visit(not to stay or work) any EU member country.
Not really, the one-visa-fits-all-countries is for Schengen countries only, not all EU countries. Both Ireland and the UK are part of the EU, but not part of Schengen (whereas Ireland is part of the eurozone but the UK isn't, confusing huh...). So you would need another visa for Ireland. My guess is that won't be too hard when you already have a visa for the UK, but you better check with the Irish consulate, if there is one in the DR.