Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Synagauge in SD?

Word on the street is the tiny Jewish community here has a synagogue somwhere in Santo Domingo. Well, my grandmother just called me yesterday morning to remind me that it is Rosh Hashana, and I thought I might like to go to a service. Anybody know anything about this temple?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marlonious View Post
    Word on the street is the tiny Jewish community here has a synagogue somwhere in Santo Domingo. Well, my grandmother just called me yesterday morning to remind me that it is Rosh Hashana, and I thought I might like to go to a service. Anybody know anything about this temple?
    Yes, there is a synagogue, a very nice one, with about 30 people attending regular Fridays. It's located on Sarasota between Lincoln and Churchill. There is a black gate, it's on the north side of the road. The Rabbi also holds services in Sosua, you might need to check where he'll actually be.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Marlonioous Shana Toba..I came last night from Jerusalem , only the old city was open everything was closed and people traveling by bus to different cities ..It was beautiful I visited Eilat, Be'er Sheva, Masada, Tiberias, Tel Aviv-Jaffa, Sea of Galilee, Dead Sea and so on..great experience...Lucille