Synagauge in SD?

Marlonious

Jun 12, 2007
Word on the street is the tiny Jewish community here has a synagogue somwhere in Santo Domingo. Well, my grandmother just called me yesterday morning to remind me that it is Rosh Hashana, and I thought I might like to go to a service. Anybody know anything about this temple?

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Word on the street is the tiny Jewish community here has a synagogue somwhere in Santo Domingo. Well, my grandmother just called me yesterday morning to remind me that it is Rosh Hashana, and I thought I might like to go to a service. Anybody know anything about this temple?
Yes, there is a synagogue, a very nice one, with about 30 people attending regular Fridays. It's located on Sarasota between Lincoln and Churchill. There is a black gate, it's on the north side of the road. The Rabbi also holds services in Sosua, you might need to check where he'll actually be.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Marlonioous Shana Toba..I came last night from Jerusalem , only the old city was open everything was closed and people traveling by bus to different cities ..It was beautiful I visited Eilat, Be'er Sheva, Masada, Tiberias, Tel Aviv-Jaffa, Sea of Galilee, Dead Sea and so on..great experience...Lucille