playa dorados windsurfing/sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy3102

Sep 14, 2007
I am going to be staying for a few days in Blue Bay Getaway Villas Dorados in early November. I have been unable to find out if the resort has Hobiecats and windsurfers for the guests to use. I have been able to find out from the hotel myself via email.

Also I wanted to know if people offer kite surfing lessons at the plaza that I could purchase or if I need to hoof it into Cabarete.

Thanks so much.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I am going to be staying for a few days in Blue Bay Getaway Villas Dorados in early November. I have been unable to find out if the resort has Hobiecats and windsurfers for the guests to use. I have been able to find out from the hotel myself via email.

Also I wanted to know if people offer kite surfing lessons at the plaza that I could purchase or if I need to hoof it into Cabarete.

Thanks so much.

It is worth hoofing it to Cabarete if you want kite or wind surfing. And it will get you off the resort area.

Bob K

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

Thanks so much.
As Bob K said, Cabarete's the place to be when it comes to windsurfing.
40 minutes on public transport, cost approx $2 US.

tommy3102

Sep 14, 2007
thanks for the info. I am fairly new to windsurfing, but have sailed a lot so was hoping to do that right near the resort. I will definitely make time for Cabarete on my trip though as I have wanted to kite surf for years. Thanks.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
thanks for the info. I am fairly new to windsurfing, but have sailed a lot so was hoping to do that right near the resort. I will definitely make time for Cabarete on my trip though as I have wanted to kite surf for years. Thanks.
The kitesurfing beaches are just a mile or two before Cabarete, and if you're taking the public transport, you'll see them to your left, then you just bang on the roof of the vehicle you're in, for them to stop and let you off.
Well worth the trip, btw.

tommy3102

Sep 14, 2007
I have about 5hrs on a windsurfer so certainly lots to learn. I have about 20 hours using a 2 line trainer kite and years using stunt kites, so needless to say lessons are in my future. I will definitely be over by cabarete.

Also in case anyone is wondering, Blue Bay has kayaks and windsurfers to use but for hobiecats you need to pay extra and go somewhere else. I am assuming one of the other AI resorts nearby.

Thanks for all the timely advice.

Tommy

tommy3102

Sep 14, 2007
just a thought - any one have any opinions about which kite surfing shop/school in Cabarete to use for learning the sport?

Thanks,

Tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.