Sankie Traits or NOT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

honeybunch

Aug 1, 2007
since the other thread was closed, im starting this one!

does this seem like a sankie trait or like an honest guy?

- due to his phone getting repaired....... i have not been able to get a hold of him. HE BOUGHT a phone card first thing and called me to let me know what happened so i dont freak out about it if i cant call or i dont hear from him.

-HE has been calling me quickly from his friends phone to give a number that he can be reached at instead of just ignoring me untill he gets his phone back.

- HE has BOUGHT Three Phone cards since his cell is in repair and has been making the effort to call everyday.

- when his phone wasnt in repair. HE TEXT messages me daily (5 times a day) and HE calls even if its just a 2 minute conversation. I then call him back to talk longer as my phone card is cheaper then it is for him to call me. BUT HE DOES CALL! and if i dont answer,he KEEPS CALLING, using HIS MINUTES!

- He has introduced me to his friends outside the resort.
- i am known to the people he works with as "davids girl" everyone is aware we are together.
- HE will be taking me around puerto plata when i go see him. Spending his money to go to a movie, a disco, etc.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
The Same Procedure As Always

30u45xz.jpg

Janin :tired:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Uffffffffffffffffffffffffff, i am sick of trashy women dying to meet trashy guys from resorts. This forum has become those redneck talk shows where all the trailer trash slugs it out on TV.
AZB

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Uffffffffffffffffffffffffff, i am sick of trashy women dying to meet trashy guys from resorts.
AZB

AZB just jealous...Just kidding bro. You know you love it. It's a guilty pleasure to read all these threads. Let's face it without them these types of boards would be pretty boring...just giving advice on where to find a good doctor, how to get your Dominican residency, yadayadayada...

It's fun to read some "bone and dump" stories sometimes.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Do you ever read the links I give you?

Phone lost, phone repairs, and you can't call him could mean he has someone else visiting this week so when he has a few minutes he calls you. He is in charge.

You honestly think that with bus loads of new tourist every week that he's just standing around waiting for your calls? I think not.

That's it, you are on your own :tired:

Last edited:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
She's lookin' for attention and is a freaking drama queen .... fogetaboutit honeybunch!!!!

Did she mention she's Italian? For her sake, I hope her Dad or brothers don't find out what she's posting here 'cause she can fogetaboutit!!!! :dead:

Btw, are you related to Zara? .... the two of you appear to be blondie twins.

mountain5

Feb 2, 2007
hi

since the other thread was closed, im starting this one!

- due to his phone getting repaired....... i have not been able to get a hold of him. HE BOUGHT a phone card first thing and called me to let me know what happened so i dont freak out about it if i cant call or i dont hear from him.

-HE has been calling me quickly from his friends phone to give a number that he can be reached at instead of just ignoring me untill he gets his phone back.

- HE has BOUGHT Three Phone cards since his cell is in repair and has been making the effort to call everyday.

- when his phone wasnt in repair. HE TEXT messages me daily (5 times a day) and HE calls even if its just a 2 minute conversation. I then call him back to talk longer as my phone card is cheaper then it is for him to call me. BUT HE DOES CALL! and if i dont answer,he KEEPS CALLING, using HIS MINUTES!

- He has introduced me to his friends outside the resort.
- i am known to the people he works with as "davids girl" everyone is aware we are together.
- HE will be taking me around puerto plata when i go see him. Spending his money to go to a movie, a disco, etc.

I have sent you a pm.
And the money he spends on you when you are there could also be from other women who sent him money through Western Union.
It is normal that he will introduce as "his girl" or "mujer".The friends wont say anything if he intoduced another one the week before as the same.
I was intoduced as "novia" even after he got married and nobody said anything.
I would try to call his old number and see what happens.Also I would see how long it takes to repair his phone...And at what times does he call you?The usual times he has called you before as well?Call him at work and see if he is working or if he is off...There is a lot you can do.I wish I would have done that.
And then you can see if you can trust him or not.

Zara

Sep 9, 2007
ok ok, can we please stop using my name in these posts!!! i have already said that you are all right in what you say and I HAVE taken your advice on board, can you all just leave me out of it!!! and by the way i'm not blonde, i have long brunette hair!!!

i agree there are sankies out there and you have to be careful all i say is that i don't think my BF is a sankie! IF he is i'm sure i will find out sooner or later!!! blimey, i'm getting a headache!!! seem to be going around in circles!!!

honeybunch

Aug 1, 2007
he calls me at the same times. every night. and sometimes he also calls during the day when hes off on his lunch break. the number he gave me to call is the number of the hotel activity booth where he works while his phone is getting repaired. i can call that number (land line) and then at night, i can call the land line where he lives (sleeps). He has to buy a card to call me cause you cant use your phone chip on a land line, only in a cell phone thats why he buys the cards, so he can call from the hotel phone. He is working as i contact him at the activity booth! and when i call his cell phone it is off, has been from the time he lost it till now (as its being repaired) he is picking it up tomorrow as it is ready. been a couple of days that its getting repaired, and in those two days hes called me at the same times and during lunch with a phone card on the hotel phone line, not another cell phone!!!! thats why he cant just use the same chip,,,,,your cell chip doesnt go on a land line, only in another cell phone. he only has one cell phone, one number. i have the hotel number that he has been calling on during this process!!

you guys say,,,,,,,if he doesnt call, or doesnt pay hes a sankie,,,,,,,but then when i say he does call and pay,,,,you still say hes a sankie...

if his phone is off , then it must not be working!! or he wouldhave it on to call others. and why would he bother calling me from the hotel at teh same times! why not just nt call and make up an excuse later on as to what happened. instead he calls to let me know whats going on........he calls,,,,doesnt avoid!!! calls at night afater the disco when hes laying in his room........tv is on.......

i pointed out what miguels sankies for dummies said that he should do,,,,listed that hes doing it,,,,yet you guys say hes a sankie,,,,,but hes not doing the sankie things listed in there like NOT calling,NOT paying etc

you guys are confusing.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004

a sankie trait

HE BOUGHT a phone card first thing

why is it such a BIG thing that he bought a phone card?

HE has BOUGHT Three Phone cards since his cell is in repair and has been making the effort to call everyday.

'BOUGHT three phone cards', as opposed to what?? stole them?, asked you for money to buy them? calling your GF by whatever means shouldn't be a point for discussion.

Again, what's the BIG deal that he calls you? using HIS MINUTES? I am not sure what sorts of relationships you have had previous to this but your expectations from a BF seem to be very low. He SHOULD be calling you using HIS minutes........that's what boyfriends do when their girlfriends are away. That is NORMAL and not something to be praised - it's a given.

?? as opposed to??? what's your point here?

I don't want to sound harsh but you are asking for opinions and here you have mine.

I agree with Anna on this one - he has most probably got another female visitor with him this week and so by saying his phone is in repair gives him the control to only talk when it suits him.

Either that or you will soon hear that it's going to cost $XX to repair and he doesn't have the money to do it right now....blah blah or it can't be repaired or something along those lines
He won't outwardly ASK you for money to pay for it or ASK you for money to buy a new one......he will pull at your strings and make you WANT to buy him one as a gift for all the effort he has gone to in buying 3 phonecards to call you aahhhhh

honeybunch

Aug 1, 2007
my points about the phone cards and calling is that in miguels handbook sankie for dummies it stated that a sankie will not call for weeks, or say he doesnt have money to call or say his phone was cut off and not here from him. my points are taht,,,,,,he is not doing this, he is doing teh opposite of what the sankie article is saying. he is calling,,,,,,sankies supposedly dont call all the time,,,,,or cant call, or have no money to call, He does though.that is the only point im trying to make. but yet everyone still says its a sankie trait.
if he had a girl with him,,,,,,then why or how is he calling me everynight and during the day still like he used to even when he had his cell phone??? we talk at teh same times always (at lunch and before bed) that has not changed regardless of cell phone in repair.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
I am sure there is something in Miguel's post that also says that in the beginning he will make the effort.......it's early days and he is still reeling you in so to speak.......and then, when he knows he's got you where he wants you (hooked you in), that's when he will start to call less....and you will find that you are doing all the calling because it's cheaper for you to call him and he doesn't earn much so it's fairer for you to pay for the calling.........that's when he will start to ask for things or start with the 'my mother is sick', 'I need X, Y & Z but I can't afford it', I wanted to call you but I had no money to buy a card' etc etc.

How long have you known him?

I hope for your sake that we are wrong - I hope that he is different....but as I said in one of my previous posts to a recent sanky thread - the only thing that will convince you or show you whether he is indeed a sanky is TIME..........

You have heard all we have to say and now you must draw your own conclusions.......

I wish you all the best

daydream

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Perfect Victim

Honeybunch is totally ignorant about a sankie's strategy.

Sankies have priorities,
Let's say a sankie wants to go to Canada because some of his friends are already there or he knows a girl there.... ;)
Thus he will hook up with any Canadian holiday prostitute in order to get a visa to Canada, which, I think, is fair enough... :bunny:
(Size, ugliness, age and stupidity do not matter and could even be 'stabilizing' assets.)

If that requires investments (phone calls, gifts, etc.) - so be it. It's a businessman's strategy, bait will produce return...
Other 'milking cows' - better looking Europeans for example - will have to pay for the Canadian 'project'...

From what I read Honeybunch is the perfect victim.

And that's gooooood.

Janin

honeybunch

Aug 1, 2007
ok let me ask you guys this......(first of all as much as you guys **** me off sometimes....i do appreciate your responses as i go through this to determine if he is a sankie or if he is that little percent that is not)
my question is:

what should he be doing that will show he is not a sankie?

you point out the sankie points......but have not said what kinds of things will show that he is NOT a sankie! please dont say,,,,he cant be a resort worker, because as i remember reading in a few posts, that not all sankies are resort workers......and there is that small number that are not.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
ok let me ask you guys this......(first of all as much as you guys **** me off sometimes....i do appreciate your responses as i go through this to determine if he is a sankie or if he is that little percent that is not)
my question is:

what should he be doing that will show he is not a sankie?

you point out the sankie points......but have not said what kinds of things will show that he is NOT a sankie! please dont say,,,,he cant be a resort worker, because as i remember reading in a few posts, that not all sankies are resort workers......and there is that small number that are not.

This is soooooooooooooo boring, if he is not a Sankie get on and enjoy it and stop telling us all about it.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Other 'milking cows' - better looking Europeans for example - will have to pay for the Canadian 'project'

Janin

You trying to say Europeans are better looking that Canucks? Then you haven't seen the women in Montreal ;);)

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Hormonal Roller Coaster

A strategy involves time.
The more valuable the objective is (e.g. a Canadian visa) the more time, money and patience the sankie will invest.
There have been cases in which sankies played their role in perfect deceit for several years just to walk free at arrival at the airport in the 'promised land'... :lick:

Only time will tell.

Your hormonal state will not allow for patience.
You're hooked and done. That's your problem.

May the Caribbean Gods help you!

Janin

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
As long as we keep answering it will continue to happen, i.e. the questions - wouldn't it be better to just ignore the OP?

honeybunch

Aug 1, 2007
anna i read that thread already and in comparison it wasnt pointing to sankie. i read all the sankie threads!!

i dont want to talk about the rumour as you guys are not that supportive and would only bash it anyways. ive been bashed enough already! hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.