Heads Up on Tienda Corripio (Corruptio)

cork

Aug 23, 2003
I broke down and went to the Corripio store in PP. I needed a small freezer to store some food for long terms. After being showed all of the models upstairs we picked a local Dominican model. I was told the freezer would be at my house in Sos?a on Monday. I was promised by a young lady,who spoke English, that it would be brand new in the box.

Needless to say, on Monday the truck shows up with the floor model, scratched and with the lock broken and the casters bent. I complained and was told we would be called on Wednesday to set up the delivery of a new freezer, in a box.

Wednesday came and went. So did Thursday. On Friday I called Corripio again, I spoke with Orlando, and was told they needed to speak with the boss, and they would call back in 5 minutes. Friday came and went.

Saturday morning we went to the store and after raising a little steam, we were told a repair man would come out and replace the lock. We said "unacceptable." We bought and paid for a new freezer and were being offered a broken, used floor model, without any hint of a discount. A quick phone cal to "El Jefe" by the manager and we were told a new freezer would be delivered to our house today (Friday, a week later) Still waiting!

I called there tonight and was told neither of the 2 English speakers were there tonight, but our new freezer would be delivered tomorrow, Saturday.

We will see. A word to the wise, if you buy something there, and it is not exactly right when you get it, don't accept it at all. Their word isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I broke down and went to the Corripio store in PP. I needed a small freezer to store some food for long terms. After being showed all of the models upstairs we picked a local Dominican model. I was told the freezer would be at my house in Sos?a on Monday. I was promised by a young lady,who spoke English, that it would be brand new in the box.

Needless to say, on Monday the truck shows up with the floor model, scratched and with the lock broken and the casters bent. I complained and was told we would be called on Wednesday to set up the delivery of a new freezer, in a box.

Wednesday came and went. So did Thursday. On Friday I called Corripio again, I spoke with Orlando, and was told they needed to speak with the boss, and they would call back in 5 minutes. Friday came and went.

Saturday morning we went to the store and after raising a little steam, we were told a repair man would come out and replace the lock. We said "unacceptable." We bought and paid for a new freezer and were being offered a broken, used floor model, without any hint of a discount. A quick phone cal to "El Jefe" by the manager and we were told a new freezer would be delivered to our house today (Friday, a week later) Still waiting!

I called there tonight and was told neither of the 2 English speakers were there tonight, but our new freezer would be delivered tomorrow, Saturday.

We will see. A word to the wise, if you buy something there, and it is not exactly right when you get it, don't accept it at all. Their word isn't worth the paper it is written on.

Been there done that and got the tshirt unfortunately. fortunatel we had to wait only an extra day when I too rejected a model with a big scratch on the front door.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com

That exactly was going to be my answer. If it ain't it, refuse it, period. They do get the message. Dominicans do the same.

... J-D.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
The Customer is an Idiot.

Only pay what you checked out and can take with you.
Never pay in advance what they 'deliver' 'ma?ana'.
Pay for a guagua to transport your purchase, it's always worth it.

Janin