cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCJourdano

Aug 24, 2007
Is it possible to find one of those cheap styrofoam coolers (or something comparable) in Sosua. You know the ones you find in US supermarkets..Thanks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Is it possible to find one of those cheap styrofoam coolers (or something comparable) in Sosua. You know the ones you find in US supermarkets..Thanks
Styrofoam is not cheap in the DR.
Perhaps 5 to 8 times the price in the US, due to shipping costs. (bulk)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I know it's difficult to answer the OP's question without a debate about Sankies or The price of Tea in China, but I saw those REALLY expensive white styrofoam coolers for RD200 in The Big Playero a few months ago!

tambo'

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I know it's difficult to answer the OP's question without a debate about Sankies or The price of Tea in China, but I saw those REALLY expensive white styrofoam coolers for RD200 in The Big Playero a few months ago!

tambo'
That would be a fantastic price, by DR standards.

harrydr

On Vacation
Dec 12, 2006
read and move on

If you can't understand the question, move on! No need for a mini-conversation between gold posters to answer the most simplest of questions.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
No use at all!!

If you can't understand the question, move on! No need for a mini-conversation between gold posters to answer the most simplest of questions.

I hope the OP is successful in his/ her search for a styrofoam (which I would have called polystyerene) cooler. I tend to enjoy DR1 to either impart my knowledge or advice where requested and also to learn answers to my questions - I was unaware of any rule which prevents this. I merely was trying to establish what styrofoam was so that I could perhaps assist in the OP's quest. I see absolutely no value in your comment!!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
El Batey is the main "tourist area" of Sosua vs. Charamicos, the other side of the beach comprised of mostly locals.

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Is El Batey close to Sosua?
The main Playero is number 10 on the map.

SosuaMapDownsized-1.jpg

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I know this doesn't matter to the OP, but isn't number 7. on the map the new gym (D'Lois?) and not Golden Park Gym......

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
Ha! Of course.....and there was me thinking it was a clever ploy to re-direct potential Golden Park clients to the new gym........;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.