diving

N

naturelover

my next question... is about diving has anyone done it and who with or does someone (ie an idiot )want to come with me for a lesson ...I can guarantee you wont be more stupid than me

Sharlene

Mar 4, 2006
I haven't had a chance to look up where you're based so I can only give advice for Sosua area.

My partner's just about to take his PADI IDC Instructor exams and over the past year he's worked with quite a few of the dive companies in the Sosua area. He particularly recommends Northern Coast Diving (in Pedro Clisante, Sosua) as a place to gain your certification as he found them to be the most professional and to always adhere strictly to PADI standards which is important for your safety.

Their web site is: Dominican Republic SCUBA dive packages and snorkeling adventures with Northern Coast Diving in Sosua

Before we came to live in DR we communicated with Northern Coast via their website about courses etc and they were very helpful and informative.

Hope this helps....and good luck! I've actually still never tried it myself, but I understand it's addictive!

N

naturelover

thank you for the information....yes im in sosua , sorry i keep forgetting to mention it when i post

Vawner

Feb 7, 2007
Sharlene,
Thanks for the recommendation. I was about to post a message asking if anyone had any recommendations for diving shops on the north coast, but now you've taken care of that..

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Sharlene,
Thanks for the recommendation. I was about to post a message asking if anyone had any recommendations for diving shops on the north coast, but now you've taken care of that..
You can't go wrong with them.
I'm not saying that there aren't other good dive shops around, but Northern Coast have an excellent track record, unmatched by anybody else.