Harmless Bikers?

N

naturelover

hmm i wouldnt judge them all by two people................i met some lovely ones in australia...they just drive their bikes to tea rooms then drive home again

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Lovely Ones

...i met some lovely ones in australia...they just drive their bikes to tea rooms then drive home again

Well, they probably do the same in the Netherlands... ;)

BTW, Australia (or the Netherlands for that matter) has nothing to do with the above news.
One of the three guys had already been deported (from the DR ?) four times...

Janin

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Deport them all I say! Maybe then I can get my hands on a good used Harley Down here at a decent price! No hardtails though, I don't want to have a kidney replacement before I'm 50! :)

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Harmless Bikers

Remember our discussion whether the local motorcyclists called the 'Hell's Angels' are innocent like choir boys or a criminal organisation?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/61588-hells-angels-cabarete.html

Food for (new) thought is found here:
http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=25426

Janin

Harmless Bikers ........ Isn't that an oxymoron? :cheeky: Pretty ugly, light heavyweight, jumbo shrimp, hells angels ..... same thing, don't ya' think?
Steve :ermm: :bunny::pirate: :pirate: :bandit: :laugh: ;)
Steve

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
That certainly brings some conclusion to that old thread from last year, about the bikers in Cabarete.
Some painted them as saints, others accused them of being the criminals that this latest news report confirms.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
with all the corruption already in the DR, why would anyone think a bunch of biker gringos can move in on any dominican's turf ? not gonna happen.

let them be, they're harmless. the organization has a rep but they're not a threat in the DR...

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
with all the corruption already in the DR, why would anyone think a bunch of biker gringos can move in on any dominican's turf ? not gonna happen.

let them be, they're harmless. the organization has a rep but they're not a threat in the DR...
I'm supposing that you didn't take the time to read that article.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
yes i read the article but i won't fill this thread trying to explain my statement...if you think organized crime, you'll figure it out...

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
captured and arrested...do i need to clarify anymore ?
Yes, if you don't mind.
If you read the news report, why this post?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I was holding my breath waiting for this post to appear..

Those g*****m bikers!! They should all be rounded up and sent back to Bikerland, where they come from..

I guess I better start packin' my bags, or sell my old faithful to someone else willing to be deported..

Chip, how much you give me for my 1978 FLH?
Perhaps the title of this thread, should read, "Hell's Angels", not "Bikers".

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There is a massive difference between folks who ride (bikers) and the "1%ers".

"1%ers" are NOT choirboys wherever they are. You do NOT get initiated into a "1%er" club without being very familiar with violence and criminality.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Shoved Right Under Their Noses

... why would anyone think a bunch of biker gringos can move in on any dominican's turf ? not gonna happen.

Bueeeeeno , the findings of the Canadian Police suggest that the 'biker gringos' were at least part of the 'Dominican turf' business and had good relations to airport personnel...

It's interesting to note that the Dominican authorities have obviously only become aware of the bikers' drug trade through the Canadian crackdown.

Well, maybe they had known it all along.... :cheeky: but were made to cry 'wolf' after the facts were rubbed under their noses.

Janin

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I was holding my breath waiting for this post to appear..

Those g*****m bikers!! They should all be rounded up and sent back to Bikerland, where they come from..

I guess I better start packin' my bags, or sell my old faithful to someone else willing to be deported..

Chip, how much you give me for my 1978 FLH?

Man, estoy pelao' - but who knows in the future. you know what they say old Harleys never die, they just reappear on the Discovery channel with a new paint job, haha!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
What makes anyone think that the Cabarete bikers were involved? The full patch member of Hell's Angels who was arrested was Jeremy Wayne Brown who was a member of the Oshawa chapter (in Canada). He just happened to be a baggage handler at Pearson International Airport. So there is ONE identified Hell's Angels member and he doesn't live in Cabarete - the other people arrested were all residents of Durham (Canada). Then you have to ask, what facilitated Mr. Brown's alleged involvement - was it his membership of Hell's Angels or was it his position as baggage handler at Pearson?
Hundreds of charges laid in cocaine ring bust

CTV.ca | Ontario drug bust nets $3M worth of cocaine

The DR end appears to have been made possible by airport workers and indeed 5 DNCD members were subsequently fired:
http://www.elcaribecdn.com/articulo_multimedios.aspx?id=137352&guid=DB18FAEF1FAC4FC49EA6123AC8C394B7&Seccion=63

Don't you think that if these 5 DNCD personnel were able to finger the Cabarete bikers they would have done so, in order to save their own skins?

Somewhere, it appears that a conceptual leap has been made between a baggage handler in Canada, who is also a Hell's Angel's member, & the Cabarete bikers (whether they are Hell's Angels or not). Does anyone have evidence to fill in the missing dots? Now I know both places begin with a C but for me I'd like a little more specific linkage............:)

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Does anyone have evidence to fill in the missing dots? Now I know both places begin with a C but for me I'd like a little more specific linkage............:)
That may be my fault, with a bad choice of words.
When I said "That certainly brings some conclusion to that old thread from last year, about the bikers in Cabarete.", I was referring to the debate in that thread, not the fact that it was Cabarete in particular.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
No I don't think it was that so much as the wording of the DT report (which is a translation of an article appearing in the Dominican press). If you take 'Dominican drug authorities yesterday said they seek details on the case of raids in Canada where 12 people have been arrested in connection with a drug cartel that operated from Dominican Republic and which could involve the local chapter of the motorcycle gang Hell?s Angels' it would be possible to view the word 'local' as meaning DR, whereas it actually means Canada. If you thought it meant DR then the list of 'gringo' names arrested might have been presumed to be gringos in DR whereas in fact they are all in Canada.

Interestingly the Canadian Police Chief who ran the investigation, appears to be downplaying the role of Hells Angels in Canada.
CANOE -- CNEWS - Crime: Drug pipeline 'shut down'

The other 'confuser' is over one of the arrested. DT says Dale Wyatt had been deported to Canada 4 times - making it appear to be deported from DR to Canada. However, Toronto Sun says he had been deported from Canada 4 times..................
TorontoSun.com - Toronto And GTA - Smuggling ring busted
Perhaps he isn't Canadian? Can Canadians be deported from Canada.........?