Dominicanas not welcome at Mangu in PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paradise07

Jan 6, 2007
Could be...

But I have been to Mangu COUNTLESS times, with both local Dominicanas and Dominicanos...in the past 2 years and never, never, never had a problem....maybe she was a "working" girl...maybe...

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
No offence but I would seriously take things written on a travel website as reviewed by tourists with a grain of salt...people LOVE to exaggerate and get others all worked up!

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Pigs Only

I have never been there.

But could it be that this disco is supposed to be a meeting place for sankies and gringa holiday prostitutes only?
If so, it makes sense that a decent Dominican girl is seen as to spoil the piggish business.
Very sad, but a pigsty is for pigs.... :cheeky:

Janin

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the thread on TA shows the facts. i know the guy, Sunscape Mike, in person and i know the girl. to kick her out been a big mistake, they made some enemies now.
by the way, every cocaine consuming junky is welcome, even if he does not by his own drinks.
there are better spots to hang out nearby
Mike

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
What's a gringa holiday prostitute???

I didn't know that gringas were prostituting themselves in the DR these days? Who's frequenting them??? Sankies?? Have the tables turned?

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
www.sankie-world.info

What's a gringa holiday prostitute???
I didn't know that gringas were prostituting themselves in the DR these days? Who's frequenting them??? Sankies?? Have the tables turned?

Indeed.
(The term holiday prostitute is used by sociologists in various studies.)
Whereas the typical sex tourist was a male and found in Thailand, the Philippines, Kenya, the Dominican Republic and Brasil nowadays women have caught up somehow.
Their favourite destinations in search for the 'big bamboo' are Jamaica, Bali, Kenya, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic and Brasil (among others).

Sex tourism as economic aid - smh.com.au
How sex tourism became the basis of a Royal Court play | Travel | The Observer
INTERRACIAL VOICE - Guest Editorial
http://club.fom.ru/books/taylor_s.pdf
Tourismus (Entwicklungsl?nderstudien). (9.4; in German)

Janin

Sunscape Mike

Jun 1, 2007
Who am I????

DRloca....I think if you do a little research that I am far from being a tourist here...having spent my last 2 years working on the island from Puerto Plata to Punta Cana and points in between. Also very well travelled on the island, going places that many have never been...keeping a very open and forgiving mind. In my nearly 2000 posts on Trip Advisor will you find me saying anything remotely negative about the country or it?s people.

What happened on Saturday night was totally inexcusable and will not go down as one of the finer moments in my Dominican experience.

Based on the blatant actions of thier staff, I can only assume that they want to keep the MAN in Mangu. Perhaps that?s where they are headed...who knows. Fact is.....I will not endorse this location personally and my opinion carries a lot of influence down this way.

It?s one thing to remove someone from a premises for improper behavior, but this one mystifies me, as my friend was simply waiting to use the bathroom...while I stood for 10 minutes holding 2 beers.
I was informed by another guest that my friend was outside....she was in tears....embarassed by the whole episode...my arguments fell upon deaf ears when explaining that she was with me....my request to have my money refunded denied and all in all....and as a result...I will not endorse as I had ignorantly done before...this business that openly discriminates against Dominican women.

Regards

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah 2leftfoot,
it was meant the other way.
gringa(on)holiday(looking for a)prostitute.
Janine, the women did not only have caught up somehow, if ever been behind, during my 13 years here on the island they've been the number one looking for their lover ahead of the men looking for the girlies, they just talk less about it, all the talkings moastly have the men as the theme watching out for prostitutes, you'll find the same quantity of women looking for the same.
they just in much more cases than men stay during the whole vacations with her big love, men are a bitmore flexibel, not always in big love right away, they spend the night and that's it, need an other night?, look for an other woman. of course there ar many men too staying in touch with the big love of their life, chatting by mail on daily bases, sending money/gifts on weekly bases, but that's more the normal way of our female visitors.
have fun
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
DRLoca, 19 days to go Baby, and then you're back in paradise.
Mike, she's a friend of mine, her name is Janette, o.k., she's american, but a good one, lol.
i will introduce the 2 of you soon, she's coming back to stay again on the island early october.
saludos
Mike

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Das stimmt so nicht.

it was meant the other way.
gringa(on)holiday(looking for a)prostitute.
No, not really.
It's indeed the gringas prostituting themselves in the very sense of the word.
It does not mean that they are prostitutes, the term is used to describe their behaviour which may be brought about by a holiday atmosphere and other factors linked to it.

.. the women did not only have caught up somehow... they've been the number one looking for their lover ... they just talk less about it...
The opposite is true.

Men normally do not broadcast their prostitute adventures as they are perceived as clear cut deals: selection > satisfaction > remuneration

Women trumpet their stories (see DR1 ...) in order to let everybody know when, how and why they fell in LOVE.... :cheeky: :tired:

It's quite rare that a woman keeps her mouth shut (anyhow...) and just enjoys 'gentlemanly'.

Janin

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
o.k. Janine, still laughing, don't worry, not laughing about you, just about the theme.
if using the word prostitute i would say the prostitute is the side of the party which cashs the money for their service/company/fall in love aso.
the good thing for men is, we come out of that much cheaper, a quick service costs us a 10-15 bucks, the ladies bleed much more for that, much more, and have the risk of maybe bringing a little present home which shows up some months afterwards.
to Mike:
o yes Mike, she likes good company and she likes cold beers, i am still working on it to train her to like YOUR Bohemias, so i can keep MY presidentes for me, she's a big competitor on that field, lol.
and for sure we will not hang out at Mangu with her, the corner bar will be the perfect pit stop.
saludos
Mike

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Interesting articles. The one from The Guardian especially. I had seen the other 2 previously.

I understand the term now. Some women willing use these putos and fully understand what's going on. While there are others, who are CLUELESS but by their actions.. always buying dinners, phone cards, sending money, and giving gifts create that dynamic -- unknowingly.

I guess a woman should ask herself..... have I received any gifts in return? I sent down an IPOD what did I get for my birthday?????

Yes, he's poor but he can still buy you a gift. If you are the one only sending the gifts......

How balanced is the relationship??????

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
he's poor???
if the woman thinks that this guy she meets at the disco is her big love, that would mean she does not know he's a Sankie, that would mean he can not be poor, because she met him at one of the most expensive places to go, poor pals don't hang out at the expensive clubs, those you'll find at the corner bars like Mike&Mike.
in a night at a disco you spend what a worker makes a week, what a poor worker makes a month.
those ladies blind themselves for not to see what's obviously going on, they didn't get one at home, so they enjoy a good looking(sometimes) company where they can afoord it, at least for a while, and don't want to see the lie on it.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeah Jan,
and i passed your e-mail address to a person on the bord, named Guy, he's coming to santo domingo mid october, needs some translation help to comunicate with my lawyer for his residency.
treat him nice and i ow ya some cold ones.
Mike

Point has been made!

to many other ineundo's and uneeded comments and getting totally off track.
Take it to another forum, these are about "travel"

Mike made his point:
Mangu discriminates against Dominican ladies.....

Go if you want!,
I will not be going

Status
Not open for further replies.