Codetel or Tricom?

D

Digger

I would like to get my cell phone activated in Sosua or Puerto Plata next week. Which company should I go with?

D

Dummy

Depends where you are. In general I'd say it makes no difference, but if you are in Sos?a Abajo, Maranata or in Los Castillos you can only use Tricom...

K

Karla

First thing you should look for is digital PCS service. The company that provides the best digital coverage is the one you should go for. DO NOT get analog service!

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Analog or digital cellular service in the DR

Please explain why you feel one should not get analog service.

A

A Gringo

Sorry ! but I do not agree...

I have a friend who travels the Country a lot and carries with him two cell phones....Yes one Digital and the other Analog.
Now he claims that the Digital is fantastic while in Puerto Plata or other citys or built up areas...
However the Analog is far better for outside areas!
I spend most of my time in the Puerto Plata area and I will Invest in Digital for here, You can have my Analog!

W

William Leslie

Re: Sorry ! but I do not agree...

Why not get the new Motorola StarTac from Codetel and it has DUAL BANDS. Both Digital & Analog. Mine changes automatically from area to area to whichever has the best signal. It can change in a few blocks from one to the other and back again depending on signal strength or lack of signal.

C

Claudia

Re: Now that sounds like a great Idea...*DC*

I have an analog celular phone that I activated with Tricom several months ago and I have traveled all over the island with it. I have had no trouble and found out that Tricom gives a great service and it cost less money.