Coming Home

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Just to let you all know I'm coming back home to DR!
I haven't posted much the last few years as I just didn't want to read about DR much and hear people complaining about a place where I longed to be.
Now that I'm getting ready to return I can get involved again. Once I'm back I'm sure there will be things I will be complaining about also. But when I join in the complaints are OK.
Anyhow..once I get settled in I'll be wanting to get together with all the old humans. I have many bien frias to catch up on. If you know me then you know how much I love my Presidente!
If all goes as planned I'll be living back in Colonial Zone. I'm trying to get a cheap place ready for my return. I found the place now just have to get it paid for and get my stored belongings there before I return so I don't have to spend my first night in the street. It's not the perfect place but its in the Zone and its the right price. Once I'm there I can look for a better place.
So anything I need to be caught up on please let me know.
Can't wait to see some of you again.
18 more days until I step on Dominican soil and have one of my beloved Presidentes!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Just to let you all know I'm coming back home to DR!
I haven't posted much the last few years as I just didn't want to read about DR much and hear people complaining about a place where I longed to be.
Now that I'm getting ready to return I can get involved again. Once I'm back I'm sure there will be things I will be complaining about also. But when I join in the complaints are OK.
Anyhow..once I get settled in I'll be wanting to get together with all the old humans. I have many bien frias to catch up on. If you know me then you know how much I love my Presidente!
If all goes as planned I'll be living back in Colonial Zone. I'm trying to get a cheap place ready for my return. I found the place now just have to get it paid for and get my stored belongings there before I return so I don't have to spend my first night in the street. It's not the perfect place but its in the Zone and its the right price. Once I'm there I can look for a better place.
So anything I need to be caught up on please let me know.
Can't wait to see some of you again.
18 more days until I step on Dominican soil and have one of my beloved Presidentes!

How refreshing to read your post Jan... we moved here from England last June and already this feels like "home" to us. I am about to go back to the UK for the first time to visit my family and friends (particularly my new grandson, Oliver Joe) but I know that after my 5 week visit, I will be more than happy to be heading "home". Before posting this reply I read some of the threads started by you previously and loved the one about 'Sniffy' - hope you found another friend like that dog but, if not, am sure you will find one to adopt here. We brought our 5 dogs and 2 cats from England but have to admit we are up to 9 dogs now - no more cats though! I wish you well in your return "home" x

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Welcome back Jan!!

Glad to hear that you will be returning back to where your heart always was!

Good luck with your move and I wish you a safe and happy life back in the zone!

Marlie

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Welcome back Jan!!

Glad to hear that you will be returning back to where your heart always was!

Good luck with your move and I wish you a safe and happy life back in the zone!

Marlie
And there is another "Oldie but Goody". Hi Ya Long legs - I have missed your postings. I hope you had a profitable season??

Welcome back Jan - Home is where you drink your Presidentes ;) :cheeky: :ninja: ................ I'll drink to that!! ~ Grahame.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I couldn't believe it when you told me yesterday!!! I am SOOOOO happy for you, my friend...this is where you belong...this is where you are most happy...Thank God you're coming home!!!!

See you next Feb.!!! Don't forget...you are our 'Fairy Godmother'!!!

Welcome home, Jan!!!!

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Thanks for the welcome back Grahame, marliejaneca and Musicqueen. Can't wait to be able to help again on the forum and hook up with old pals.
Whirleybird- The times I went to USA to visit after living in DR after 2 days I was ready to return. If it wasn't for the family in USA I probably would never return.
And I hope to get a dog soon after my return. I miss having a dog. I need accompaniment on my Colmado walks.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Great to hear you're on your way back.
Folks who live in the industrialized world, might not know better.
You lived here for a long time, you know better than to think you could be happy anywhere else.
Paradise awaits ya, Baby.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
she's crying into my e-mail box on daily bases since over a year now:
Mikey, i wanna go home.
i always told her:
just lift your*************** up and go.
Presidente light for president
cheers
Mike

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Yea..poor Mikey had to listen to me go on and on about DR. He listened to my complaining about being in USA and my endless stories on my life in DR.
I did mention the DR1 people from time to time also. So even though I was not posting you all were still on my mind.
16 more days!!!
And Mikey..it has been almost 2 years I have been crying to you my fellow Presidente lover (Mikey has been drinking beers in my name all this time).
Thanks Rocky. You know just how I feel.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Jan

Don't know if you remember me but I met with you at your apt. near el Conde and then went for a couple of beers and discussed jewlery. Always wondered what happened to you over the past few years but...welcome back. Arriving Oct 20th to SD and hope we can get together.

JOHN
NYC

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
so little time and so many things to do

I remember you. As soon as I get a phone I'll let you know the number so you can call when you arrive.
Ohh..just realized...Oct. 20 is my birthday!

John: Hint, Hint. Going to the US embassy on the 23rd Other than that day and night we can get together with a few friends of mine.
john

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Hola Jan

I suspect you rember the night we spent in Juan Dolio at Alan's place ;). I'll be down this coming Janurary and Feburary, hope to see you then.

Joe

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Marco,

Please bite that tongue :surprised
tt577x600.jpg