Boca Chica to ZC

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Want to know is there a bus from Boca chica to ZC

Stand by the park in front of the little white church. The first guagua to come along just ask Santo Domingo. This guagua will take you to the main highway. You get off at the last stop when he pulls into a parking area with other guaguas waiting. You do not pay on the first guagua. Just double check with your next driver that you are getting on the expresso. This will take you to ZC. You pay 50 pesos on the second guagua.

There is nothing like a Caribe Tours or Metro bus for a BC ZC trip.. 50 pesos vs $30 for a taxi one way.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i thought it was 35 pesos...but i could be wrong...but i certainly dont remember paying over 40.

getting the expresso bus is a MUST tho!! If your spanish is not good...just ask for Parque Indepencia. Make sure the guys who run the station put you on the right bus...as the bus drivers themselves will just try to get you to get on.

now..what I need to figure out...is which guagua to take to get you to the main station to catch the guagua back to boca chica. I hate paying a taxi the extra money!

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
now..what I need to figure out...is which guagua to take to get you to the main station to catch the guagua back to boca chica. I hate paying a taxi the extra money!

Go to Paco, the restaurant at the end of El Conde across from Parque Independencia, and ask one of the waiters/waitresses or Francisco, who chases away the shoeshine boys, to direct you to the guagua back to the bus station near Parque Enriquillo for the expresso back to BC. It only costs a few pesos to get to the station and is maybe a block away from Paco.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
thanks ron,

in march i was with a local friend..and it was easy as heck...just gotta figure out which guagua.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
thanks ron,

in march i was with a local friend..and it was easy as heck...just gotta figure out which guagua.

I know the feeling. It is easy when you have a local with you. But when you do it alone you want to kick yourself in the butt after you find out it really is easy to travel in the DR solo. Just keep some small change with you because it seems no one has change for anything larger than a 20 peso bill. :surprised