Dengue

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
Heard there is an outbreak of about 20 people in the los Corales area of Punta Cana.(el Cortecito)

elkangorito

Sep 24, 2007
I've just gotten over a dose of Dengue. Spent 2 days in hospital with suspected haemorrhagic fever symptoms & on a drip.

What I learnt was that there are four types of dengue viruses that cause dengue fever worldwide - Dengue 1, 2, 3 and 4 (& now, a possible 5th). A person infected with one type of dengue will subsequently only be immune to that dengue type. They will not be immune to other types of dengue and will, in fact, be at risk of developing severe symptoms if they contract another type of dengue.

The worst was the extreme lethargy & the pain behind my eyes. The rash & my unusually red face made me look like an alien.

I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemies.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Dengue kills.

I'm sorry to report that a Canadian women passed away last night at CMC here in Sosua from what they think was Dengue Fever. Her body is in Santiago for the mandatory autopsy that should confirm cause of death.

I saw several people at the house that she was staying at taking her to a car to go to the clinic last evening and they said that she was very ill and said it was Dengue.

I've never met her nor know much other then she had a boyfriend that she would visit somewhere between Sosua and POP.

While Ramon, leg amputation case in another thread, was at the Hospital in POP it was observed that several people were there with Dengue.

I have no other information. My she RIP.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003