Sankies and beyond ...

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
All the discussion surrounding the recent "women falling for sankies" trifecta got me thinking. Mainly about the emotional substance of the womens' responses in defense of " my man" and the suggested comparisons/double standards of men who pursue dominican women. Made me wonder, " What is the comparision"? Or more specifically, " what are the differences"?

I believe there are men who " fall for it " emotionally as well, but I doubt they would start a thread here titled, " She says I'm the babydaddy, what should I do "? Sun and buns made inroads though.

The dynamics ... are they different?

Insight appreciated.

Sollie

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Not sure that I understand your question but I will give it a shot.

First of all men and women are very different, no surprise there. ;)

The men that go to the DR looking for fun pay to play and they don't have a need to talk about it on a message board. Well at least we have rules about not discussing the where, when and how much questions. ;)

The info posted on stickies was meant for both men and women but again men don't have this need to tell the world about it.

When men do find someone worth having a relationship with they really don't care what others think especially on a message board so again have no need to ask if this new love is or isn't a sankiette.

On the other hand women seem to have this obsession to prove to a bunch of strangers that their new found love isn't a sankie or a scam artist. Perhaps they are trying to convince themselves after reading the info and a bell goes off and then they post.

As mean and obnoxious as some may sound in trying to open women's eyes I think it's because men really don't want the weaker sex being used and abused by these potential scam artist.

If the info provided doesn't apply to your new found love, friend, lover or whatever why post and have this obsession to prove that yours isn't a sankie/sankiette?

honeybunch

Aug 1, 2007
(I think it's because men really don't want the weaker sex being used and abused by these potential scam artist.?

I disagree with that Anna. Some men may be trying to help because they dont want "the weaker sex" to get hurt, but i think alot of them could also be a bit jelous that they dont have beautiful women falling in love with them right left and center......but who i am i to really know anyways.

i will say there is definetly a double standard when it comes to men and women. and yes i also agree that men dont give a crap and so they dont post,, they take the risk where a women is more cautious of her heart getting broken.

i have not read many stories of the men talkinga bout there dominican women they have met so im not sure what kind of response tehy would get from the people on this board about there love affair. makes me wonder!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Honey you need to forget this word jealousy because these old guys do have beautiful girls falling all over the place for them. Why do you think they live there?

Yes they have made the life of some young beautiful woman easier when they moved there ;)

Now can we have one decent discussion without mudslinging and digging up past posts and stupid jokes. Right Shad?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Honey you need to forget this word jealousy because these old guys do have beautiful girls falling all over the place for them. Why do you think they live there?

Yes they have made the life of some young beautiful woman easier when they moved there ;)

Now can we have one decent discussion without mudslinging and digging up past posts and stupid jokes. Right Shad?

Anna, you're absolutely right here...But do some of them know, are they aware that these beautiful young women are with them because of the money/visa thing??? Just like a sankie would be interested in a tourist???

Or did they decide to go live there just because they found the place fascinating, and it had NOTHING to do with the chicas???

Why does it always have to be about bashing the women that come here asking questions??? Yes, granted...it's tiresome to read the same thing over and over...but so it's to read the responses from the guys!!!!

And the funny thing is, that SOME of these same posters WERE 'sankiettefied' at one time or another...and they are STILL hurting!!!!

They insist on putting the women down, like typical machos, only to get themselves to feel better..."This woman did me wrong, I'm gonna take it out on the rest of them"...I think this is their attitude...honestly!!!!

I'm not saying ALL...but do some of these men think for real that the girls fall all over them because of their kindness, their good hearts, their good looks???? Granted, some of these guys, once you get to know them, might make good husbands/boyfriends and make a woman happy for the rest of their lives...but seriously...how many of them go to DR to visit JUST to have fun??? And don't try to pick up a chica once in a while???

I asked in another thread about Boca Chica...it's called by all kinds of different derogaroty names nowadays...But who made that beach the mess it is today???

Tourists looking for 'chicas' and 'chicos' to hang out with!!! Easy prey...that could be had with just a fanning of some dollar bills in their hands!!!

How can they complain now that is "SuciaChica" or whatever they want to call it???

Come on, now...time for a total reality check...it's good and fine to give the girls advice on what you know about heartache...but tell the whole story, about how once you were also taken by a sankie, and the girls might believe you more!!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I don't think 50 + bald overweight guys really care if they are being used for money. :laugh:

Men have been doing this for hundreds of years so I don't even think they give it another thought. It's the trophy thing ;)

You think Donald Trumps new wife loves him for his looks and that great head of hair? :laugh:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Musicqueen,

lets' not mudsling here. Boca Chica is what it is, but the blame should be parcelled out in equal measure. The whores and the mongers should take blame, but also the police and the government who cannot and will not clean up their own backyards. Everyone is to blame for that place being what it is.

And just to let you know the female tourists that I hung out with were both staying in Boca Chica. There are ALOT of females out there looking for love in all the wrong places-it is not just us guys.

One was convinced that I was dominican and even offered me money for "services rendered" because she could not believe...

A)...that a tourist would know so much about getting around the area using public transportation...
B)...that my spanish was so good, including a bit of the local lingo and...
C)...that so many people seemed to know me.

This is a bit naive but what can you tell people? It seemed that these women were willing to believe whatever I told them except for the truth.

Which is why it doesn't surprise me that the women who post here about their sankies are so resistant to the advice given to them.

Besides, alot of men who fall for prostitutes know they are being idiots but they certainly won't go on a message board and post about it because they already know they are guaranteed immediate and ruthless ridicule, as it should be.

Its' one thing to go out with a hooker that you know is playing you for your money and lying to you about everything. This is what these men do and they are conscious of the charade. But they feel it is worth what they are paying for, so who can argue with that?

But the women want to be convinced that their men are different. They actually believe this love crap that these sankies sling them.

Last edited:

dr_qt

Jun 7, 2007
I think that if a man thinks his girl is using him (sankiette), he can easily drop her and move on. He may tell a couple of friends, be angry for a bit, but greatful he got some a** anyways. They think "she has a problem, she tried to con me"

Some women on the other hand will want to know the how, when, why, and where of the situation (sankie) and will usually not move on until they feel they have all the answers they need. They think "was I the problem, what's wrong with me that he would try to con me"

So women are more likely to post in order to get the answers they are looking for.

Some people here will post in order to give some good advice and help out a stranger. Other's post to get laughs from posters on the forum, cause a ruckus, or because they have nothing better to do with thier time.

I agree it is useless for someone to try to convince the board that thier man is not a Sankie, but some of the same posters attack people who just post about a bad Sankie experience.

Thread after thread the same posters come up with the same mean spiritted comments, and then write "I am trying to help". Often I see that rather than dealing with the questions at hand these frequent posters criticize peoples, looks, places of origion, spelling ability, etc...

They remind me of a group of school yard bullies.

sheets

Aug 30, 2007
I find that all woman seek security regardless of the country they are from, their ethnicity or educational background etc. I haven't met a woman you dosen't value a secure future for herself. Is this wrong? Me being a man find it to be natural. We men are more motivated by the physical for the most part, and our female counterparts crave security. Why do Dominican woman get such a bad wrap? I've always wondered this. Dominican woman quest for security might be more exaggerated based on their social needs. I don't think one has to be a genius to understand this. Am i wrong?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I think Dominicas get a "bad rap" because we are on a forum about the DR.

If this was a forum about the Ghana, or Haiti or Mexico or Vietnam you would probably be hearing the same sort of thing but since it's not.....

Yes, women want security but you would hope that they cared for you. These women don't. They love you as long as you are supporting them. Once the money or presents stops so does the LOVE.

You have to remember you are not the ONLY love of their life. You are one of many!!!

They love your money not YOU!

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Punta Cana

... Boca Chica...it's called by all kinds of different derogaroty names nowadays...But who made that beach the mess it is today???

Tourists looking for 'chicas' and 'chicos' to hang out with!!! Easy prey...that could be had with just a fanning of some dollar bills in their hands!!!

How can they complain now that is "SuciaChica" or whatever they want to call it???

I heard another one the other day for Punta Cana from some ladies who used to vacation in the Dominican Republic. It was a deliberate slip of the tongue (spoonerism) where she switched the P for a C.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Musicqueen,

lets' not mudsling here. Boca Chica is what it is, but the blame should be parcelled out in equal measure. The whores and the mongers should take blame, but also the police and the government who cannot and will not clean up their own backyards. Everyone is to blame for that place being what it is.

Besides, alot of men who fall for prostitutes know they are being idiots but they certainly won't go on a message board and post about it because they already know they are guaranteed immediate and ruthless ridicule, as it should be.

Its' one thing to go out with a hooker that you know is playing you for your money and lying to you about everything. This is what these men do and they are conscious of the charade. But they feel it is worth what they are paying for, so who can argue with that?

But the women want to be convinced that their men are different. They actually believe this love crap that these sankies sling them.

Totally agree with you...but SOME men come here to complain about Boca Chica when they used to frequent the place and helped make it what it is today... :ermm:

Precisely, because they've done it and know what it's all about...they should ONLY offer advice on how NOT to be taken...but why come here and ridicule the women/girls that post about their sankies??? And you KNOW there is a little posse that ALWAYS does this...they THRIVE on making fools of the posters...that is my only complaint...if they do it, and they know what they're in for...why ridicule someone who DOESN'T know what they're getting into...just offer advice and let the women be!!!! If they mess up, it's their own fault...simple as that!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Totally agree with you...but SOME men come here to complain about Boca Chica when they used to frequent the place and helped make it what it is today... :ermm:

Precisely, because they've done it and know what it's all about...they should ONLY offer advice on how NOT to be taken...but why come here and ridicule the women/girls that post about their sankies??? And you KNOW there is a little posse that ALWAYS does this...they THRIVE on making fools of the posters...that is my only complaint...if they do it, and they know what they're in for...why ridicule someone who DOESN'T know what they're getting into...just offer advice and let the women be!!!! If they mess up, it's their own fault...simple as that!

Totally agree. The two times I went to Boca Chica I was there to meet my girlfriend who lived in the capital. Of course things took some very bizarre twists and I wound up with other women, and yes I was doing it out of spite.

This is when I ran into the foreigners and got a chance to observe the whole scene.

Knowing what I know now anyone going out with a resort worker is a fool, but you have to admit when women come on here and try to defend them it irks the hell out of some of us.

Why? Because it is obvious that they either have not read any of the previous sanky threads or have read them but think they know more than us about these people and will swear on a stack of bibles that their boyfriend is different..

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Don't get me wrong....it irks the hell out of me too when I read the same things over and over...but still, these are human beings...and women to boot!!! I can not stand to have SOME of the guys post JUST to ridicule them...

There is NOT one thread about sankies, excuse me, resort workers, that is not filled with insults and plain meanness by SOME of the male posters...(as well as SOME females...like they have all been immune to sankieism!!!!)

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Anna's Barrier

...That's all changing so be warned

Could very well be that before posting that "Does anybody know...?" question a newbie is not given that password unless he/she submits a multiple choice test sheet.... :cheeky:

- What is a sankie?
- What are Hillbilly's Golden Rules?
- What does WU stand for?

Janin