hello all

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNice187

Jan 9, 2007
First, I would like to say hello from VA Beach, VA. I've been browsing these boards for over a year and decided to make my first post. I've learned plenty from alot of you and laughed as well. I'm hoping to learn alot more. I do have a question though. My 2nd mom (best friends mom) is having a house built in the DR. When I asked her where she pronounces it as "Pata Una". I'm not sure if she is saying it right. Her fiance' is from the DR and they decided to have a house built, so I'll be making many trips over there. So what I wanna know is is there a Pata Una or whats the proper spelling if there is? All I know that this place is around 3 hours away from Santo Domingo. Sorry for the lack of info but this is all I've gotten from her for right now.

Thanks in advance.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
.... My 2nd mom (best friends mom) is having a house built in the DR. When I asked her where she pronounces it as "Pata Una".
You should advise her to read DR1 pronto ... if she's building a house anywhere, she should at least know how to pronounce the name. If her fiance has control of this project, he may be deliberately misleading her. We've seen a lot of scams in the DR ... she may be a potential victim or not, but she should educate herself NOW.

DNice187

Jan 9, 2007
but she should educate herself NOW.

How about if I educate some of you clowns with the smart arse comments instead. I've known the guy since my teenage years. I'm 35. He 's been living in Philadelphia for that amount of time or longer in my old neighborhood. Use to date his niece in my teen years. And all this WAY before they ever got together. So push all that sankie stuff to the side already. So quick to turn anything into a sanky scam. A 20 year scam?? Not likely. So ANYWAYS, like i was asking from the INTELLIGENT ones who actually gives proper information..... anything else??

DNice187

Jan 9, 2007
Well, should her fianc? not know where the plot is?
Or she, pointing to it on a map?
Strange.

Janin

For one, I was only asking about the area. I'm lacking the information not her. Do you need to know the details of her situation? NO! With that being said, I feel as though mentioning how many times she has been over there doesn't matter. But for your amusement, she has been over there overlooking the project. 3 weeks here, 2 weeks there. BUT anyways, why the response if you think it's a scam? That's strange. I said intelligent responses only about the area. :tired:

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
The thing I never understand here is why people are awlays posting/asking questions on behalf of others...hhmmm?????;)

DNice187

Jan 9, 2007
Are you freakin serious!!! lmao. "I" ask about a question about an area and it turns into a sanky thread lol. How is that asking for someone? How did this turn out to be off topic?? I use to laugh at the females that accused the forum of turning things into a sankie thread regardless of them being gullable. It's sad but I see it's true that they have a point. Never a knew a person can live in the US for 20 years and better off than the person they are with and still be a sanky. This is funny. Anyways, AnnaC please close this thread. Matter of fact erase my account. I was hoping to hear from someone with more knowledge like Rocky but I guess he would assume as well. Oh well. later:tired:

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I've never had to clean up a post this much. Please stay on topic...

DNice - I doubt you will get your answer. Kinda hard with only Pata Una to go with. That sounds like a place in the middle of nowhere lol

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Are you freakin serious!!! lmao. "I" ask about a question about an area and it turns into a sanky thread lol. How is that asking for someone? How did this turn out to be off topic?? I use to laugh at the females that accused the forum of turning things into a sankie thread regardless of them being gullable. It's sad but I see it's true that they have a point. Never a knew a person can live in the US for 20 years and better off than the person they are with and still be a sanky. This is funny. Anyways, AnnaC please close this thread. Matter of fact erase my account. I was hoping to hear from someone with more knowledge like Rocky but I guess he would assume as well. Oh well. later:tired:

wish granted.

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.