Maritime Help

Swann

Sep 21, 2007
I am seeking telephone numbers for Coast Guard, Port Authority or Maritime Patrol for the Dominican Republic. Thank you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You're kidding, right?
A) there is no Coast Guard. We use the US CG
B) You can find the numbers for the Autoridad Portuaria in the phone book under Government
C) There is no such thing as a Maritime Partol. There is a Dominican navy and they have a few swift boats currently under training by members of the US Navy.

HB, grinning

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
The Dominican Coast Guard, distinct from the floatiing Navy, reports through to the Estado Mayor de la Marina de Guerra. You may find them in the comand?ncia of any Puerto Habilitado (port of entry). Do they perform the duties of a Coast Guard?
Does any Dominican governmental organ perform the duties it's charged with?

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
excatly what type of information are you looking for. in relation to what question or subject ? the u.s. embassy in santo domingo has a u.s. coast guard attache there.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha ha ,
i like that one Rocky.
hey SWANN, you posted your question but never got back in the discussion>
like Rob said, specify your needs, for what specific thingy you need a coast guard aso phone number.
i work on the water, maybe i can give ya some info, but need to know for what specific stuff.
Mike

Swann

Sep 21, 2007
maritime help

Thanks for your reply. I am seeking contact information for all/any govermental marine agaencies in the DR. US Coast guard attache would be good, environmental agencies for oil spills would be good. I run a small tug boat barge operation that frequents ports in DR and would like as many emergency contact numbers I can get. Thanks.

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
U.S. coast guard call the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo.
I would go by the Marina de Guerra and ask them your questions.
Most people here use ch. 64 it is monitored by most clubs.
Also most international ch's are monitored by incoming vessels.
Same as U.S. just hail for example Santo Domingo Pilots on Ch 16

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Coast guard/Marina de guerra stations are on CH #16 here on the east coast, passing by and incoming vessels use #28 to set off emergency calls.
on the east coast the channel #77 is used by many sportfisher boats out there all day long, Channel #80 also.
Mike