US$0.09/min, USA to DR, no connect fee

J

Jim Hinsch

It seems prices just keep dropping. I've found US$0.09/min to the DR from USA, no connect fee, and other great rates between the DR and Europe or Canada.

2.4 cents/min to the DR from USA with a $2.25 connect fee or 2.9 cents/min, $1.99 connect fee. That $3.69 for an hour, USA to DR.

See <A HREF="http://www.bocachicabeach.net/staying_in_touch.html">http://www.bocachicabeach.net/staying_in_touch.html</A> for details or click on the link below.

If anybody locates better rates, let me know.

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM

E

Eddy

That's not bad but the calls from DR to Canada are nearly 10 times more expensive than Canada to DR. Do you have any idea why? Presently I'm using net2phone (You need a computer) for around 0.10/min.

J

Jim Hinsch

That US$0.10/min rate on net2phone breaks even with the Canadian rate posted, at 30 minutes, after which the calling card is actually cheaper, so it depends on how long you talk.

I'm of the opinion that calls routed over the internet lack quality and aren't yet ready for prime time. It least that's how it's been for me anytime I've tried. I can't accept the choppiness, delays, dropped words, etc.

I've heard a variety of reasons for why calls being initiated outside of the USA are so expensive. Fraud, unpaid debt, monopolies, etc. Who knows.

J

jerry

I have found a local card (western NY) put out by Sunoco/A-plus gas stations, the connection charge is $1.50 and $0.17/minute. Not all A-plus stations carry them and the one that do have both a purple card (above rates) and a green card (rates are extremely bad like $1.00/minute). The carrier is MCIWorldcom. I have had good luck with them. Until recent no problems at all. now I have no problems with house phones (land lines) but have a trebible time with celphones. I am being told i is problems in the DR.

As far as the choppiness on internet, well the last time my friend called me I could only understand every 3rd word anyways. Atleast the internet would cost her less. I have been told by another that he had good luck with dialpad.com

Jerry

J

Jim Hinsch

$1.50 connect charge and $0.17/min? That isn't a very good price. Perhaps you should look into the cards I mentioned, since the price is so much lower.

Dialpad.com does not allow calls to the Dominican Republic (or any 809 area code numbes). It didn't last time I tried it and I verified it again today.

Click on <A HREF="http://www.BocaChicaBeach.net/staying_in_touch.html">www.BocaChicaBeach.net/staying_in_touch.html</A>.

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM

J

jerry

No Dialpad does not allow calls to the DR UNLESS the person is online and logged in to the website. It does however allow for people in the DR to call the states and there is no charge for the calls.

As far as the card goes, it was the cheapest I could get locally. I went back and looked at your site again. I had mis read the prices ( thought it was $1.99 and $.29/minute and not $.029. I did find one once that was $.12 with no connection fee, the only problem was you could never get to their system to place the call. always busy except in the middle of the night when I could not place the call.

Jerry