I Need a Mariachi Group in Punta Cana

lagamba

Sep 24, 2007
We are getting married in a month and i would love to bring some live music to my soon to be wife in our rehearsal dinner two days before the actual wedding as a surprise.
Any idea where Can I get contact information / costs?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I take it one of you is Mexican or really loves mexican music?? There are plenty of Dominican bands in the Punta Cana area but I have yet to see a real Mariachi band... might be an imitation band somewhere in the area.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Why not hire a few local Tipico musicians? You will have no problem finding a local group for just a few DOMINICAN PESOS on the beach or Higuey. Perhaps contact the concierge at your hotel to find you one. It should not cost you more than RD3000 pesos for a small set. You are in the wrong country for Mariachi.

tambo'

6chga4y.jpg

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
No tan rapido......

Why not hire a few local Tipico musicians? You will have no problem finding a local group for just a few DOMINICAN PESOS on the beach or Higuey. Perhaps contact the concierge at your hotel to find you one. It should not cost you more than RD3000 pesos for a small set. You are in the wrong country for Mariachi.

tambo'

QUOTE]NOT so fast, Tamborista......

Once in SD, I was at a restaurant that hired a Mariachi band for the day.

Let's just say I could NOT get the hell out of that place fast enough.....

Trust me, wishing I was deaf was the LEAST of my problems!!!!....

All I kept thinking was:

"They are lucky members of the Mariachi Vargas are not around".....

Had they been, punches WERE going to be thrown all over the place......

Yes, they were THAT bad.

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
There is a mariachi band that does rounds in Santiago and the capital. Maybe they will go that far south. Call the following restaurant and ask them for more info.

Algo Mexicano (809) 226-0965