Duane Gess - passed away.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
On behalf of those of us in Puerto Plata who knew him, we wanted to let others know that on Saturday Sept 22 Duane Gess passed away. As many of you know he ran a well drilling company here for many many years.

He had been sick for some time but it is still very sad. His wife Ana was with him as well as his children.

Services will be held this Wednesday Sept 26 in Minnesota at 2pm.

We will let everyone know when a service will be held here, after Ana returns.

Karen at the Irish Tavern has a book for anyone who wishes to write a message for Ana. Some of us will get together on Wed afternoon at the Irish Tavern!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
On behalf of those of us in Puerto Plata who knew him, we wanted to let others know that on Saturday Sept 22 Duane Gess passed away. As many of you know he ran a well drilling company here for many many years.

He had been sick for some time but it is still very sad. His wife Ana was with him as well as his children.

Services will be held this Wednesday Sept 26 in Minnesota at 2pm.

We will let everyone know when a service will be held here, after Ana returns.

Karen at the Irish Tavern has a book for anyone who wishes to write a message for Ana. Some of us will get together on Wed afternoon at the Irish Tavern!
I gather this is the person you told me about this morning.

May he rest in peace.

MOC1

Oct 22, 2002
Sorry to hear it, good guy. I've known him for many years, my condolences to Ana and the family.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Duane was a fantastic guy, known him for years. By far the best well driller that ever set foot on DR soil. He could find water anywhere!

My condolences to Ana and family, very sad :(

Sylvester

Jan 19, 2004
I would always run into Duane in Long Beach back in the day. Shared many a good conversation over many beers. RIP Duane.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I did not know him, but my condolences to family and friends. May he rest in peace.

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
If his kids/family/freinds are reading ,just had to contribute to this thread.Duane dug my well about 8 years ago in Samana.What knowledge!He dug down 230 feet.He could have gone deeper but somehow knew those extra few feet would have produced salty water.He told me "you can drink this right out of the well" and I did for years!

A stand up guy!!He delivered his product and was great to enjoy a few cold ones with when the working day was done.I doubt there will be another one like him!
ECM

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I met Duane five years ago at Andres Beach. I spent several hours shooting the bull with him.

He was the kind of guy who was easy to like.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I just found out that Anna, Duane's wife, will return this Sunday with Duane's son David. After that I will find out what the plans are for a service here.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Service and Wake

We met with Anna this morning and here is what is happening:

FUNERAL SERVICE FOR DUANE GESS

A funeral mass will be celebrated in Puerta Plata @ Inglesia Parroquia Perpetuo Socorro

Calle Juan Lafitte on Friday 12 Oct 2007 @ 6:00 P

IRISH WAKE FOR DUANE

On Saturday 13 Oct 2007 there will be an Irish Wake @ The Irish Tavern 22 Doce de Julio, from Noon-4:00 PM. This will be a time for all his friends and colleagues to get together and remember him, share stories... Bring photos if you have them! Anna and her family are looking forward to seeing you all. Duane's brother David will be there as well.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Unfortunately, I will not be in country. However, I will hoist a beer or two for Duane. He was a stand up guy!!

HB