Rental management companies for Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

lofmatt

Sep 25, 2007
Can anybody recommend a good rental management company to look after booking, advertising, renting, collecting & cleaning. for a condo on Cabarete beach. plus any tips for renting out my condo while back in CAN.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Can anybody recommend a good rental management company to look after booking, advertising, renting, collecting & cleaning. for a condo on Cabarete beach. plus any tips for renting out my condo while back in CAN.
For the life of me I can't remember the name of the company.
I have the owners personal cellphone number.
If you want it, you can PM me.
And if I remember the name or find the website, I'll come back and post it here.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ambar Guardian, I believe it's called.
I have no contact info or website as of yet, but you are welcome to PM me for Richard's private cellphone number.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Property Management

We highly recommend Amberguardian. Their management & repair service is topnotch and they communicate very well which is important to an absentee owner. Feel free to PM specific questions.
http://www.amberguardian.com/
Abuela

Island777

Oct 9, 2005
In addition to Ambar Guardian which is well-reputed, Josefina Covents real estate office in Cabarete provides management services. Call Costanza in that office. Also L'Agence provides the same services. Its offices are located in Cabarete center and at Ocean Dream.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
True, but then again real estate sales and property management are two very different areas of specialization.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
We highly recommend Amberguardian. Their management & repair service is topnotch and they communicate very well which is important to an absentee owner. Feel free to PM specific questions.
http://www.amberguardian.com/
Abuela

I have had my villa listed with Amber Guardian since March 2006. I have NEVER been contacted in any way, regarding a potential renter, yet if you go to their site, my villa appears. If it was really important for me to rent it out, I would have looked elsewhere to get the job done a while ago. I went with the prices the they recommended too, right from the beginning.
I am NOT forming a negative opinion of the company, I am just stating what has been my experience in a year and a half.
Maybe condo's are easier to rent, I'm not sure.
Good Luck!
Steve

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I have had my villa listed with Amber Guardian since March 2006. I have NEVER been contacted in any way, regarding a potential renter, yet if you go to their site, my villa appears. If it was really important for me to rent it out, I would have looked elsewhere to get the job done a while ago. I went with the prices the they recommended too, right from the beginning.
I am NOT forming a negative opinion of the company, I am just stating what has been my experience in a year and a half.
Maybe condo's are easier to rent, I'm not sure.
Good Luck!
Steve
Have they given you any reason for the lack of client?le?
Is it a very expensive house to rent?

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
It's really not in your best interest for the moderators to be looking at you as a "problem" poster, Gordon, especially when you just arrived at the site. Best to follow the rules.

Welcome to DR1, by the way.:glasses:

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Have they given you any reason for the lack of client?le?
Is it a very expensive house to rent?

I thought it wasn't but maybe ity was too high. Like I said, I went with what the pros recommended. After posting yesterday, I went to their site, as I haven't been there for months and noticed my place, was no longer there!
Oh well, I just let a local dude that has become a friend, stay there and he keeps an eye on it too. Seems to be working out just fine.
Steve

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I thought it wasn't but maybe ity was too high. Like I said, I went with what the pros recommended. After posting yesterday, I went to their site, as I haven't been there for months and noticed my place, was no longer there!
Oh well, I just let a local dude that has become a friend, stay there and he keeps an eye on it too. Seems to be working out just fine.
Steve
Ok.
As I know them for a long time and view them as decent people, I thought I might assist you in some way by contacting them, if you had a problem, not that I know that it would make any difference, but I wouldn't have minded trying.

Futzeril

Feb 3, 2008
"We highly recommend Amberguardian. "

I'm curious about how it works in real life when you pay a company to rent your condo...Look what I read here:
http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/47935-caught-condo-manager-renting-condo.html
(quote) "I just caught the manager of my condo complex renting out my condo without my permission. He was caught by the real estate company I hired to sell the unit. He told many lies and in fact he went to the real estate agent a month ago and lied that I emailed him to get the keys to rent it. When I called down there he told me another lie that the people he rented it to came in from the street and wanted to see the condo ( to buy it ) and he let them stay for " a few days " to see how they liked it. The truth is they only came in to rent a place and he charged them $700 USD for three weeks rent. ( My realtor asked them this when they ran into them, the renters, occupying the condo)

Of course when confronted ( via telephone) the manager said I gave him my permission and he did it for me and would give me the $700. The TRUTH is he rented the condo without my permission, got the keys from my real estate agent by lying to them, and he got caught." (...)

I would be uneasy about giving the keys of my condo to someone I don't know. But then of course if I want to rent it when I'm not there, I have to!

How do you make sure
1) that someone doesn't use your condo without you knowing
2) that they give you the money if eventually they rent it ?

Anyone has any feedback on this?

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
How do you make sure
1) that someone doesn't use your condo without you knowing
2) that they give you the money if eventually they rent it ?

1) you can't
2) you don't

1) I expect to get scammed, then it's a pleasant surprise if I don't
2) I attempt to minimise my exposure and think if I can introduce any checks. For example, although I am pretty confident that the guy who is assisting me now is decent and above board, I've asked for him to send me an electric meter reading each week when he visits. No one in=no electric used. Sudden bill (via the condo-management) when there shouldn't be one means something not right. Also, I don't tell anyone when I'm visiting, I just turn up. If someone is in and I'm not expecting there to be, I'll ask them if it was a last minute booking. If it's not, then there is a conversation to be had somewhere.

If someone is going to scam you, it's almost impossible to avoid from a distance, you can simply try to minimise risk and find someone you can trust. But if you show me a con-man who you can't trust, I'll show you a hungry con-man!

BTW I e-mailed Amber Guardian about three weeks ago, when I was looking for a management company, and I asked them if we could meet up while I was in Cabarete. Apart from an automated e-mail response, I'm still waiting for them to get in touch.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I just e-mailed Amber Guardian concerning the renting only aspect of the service in the Sosua area. Villa on the Ocean. (I live on the property and have no need of management.)

Looking in the Amber Guardian villa rentals, does not appear to have many bookings. ???

Will let you know.

I do advertise in the DR1 rental section.

Regards, Ringo

Status
Not open for further replies.