Spanish courses in the DR

NIC17

Sep 12, 2007
I am planning on travelling to the DR in May.
I am planning on starting in the North then heading to the South then onto Cuba.

My Spanish is conversational as I have worked in Spain but I am looking to develope my Spanish.

I am currently taking night classes in the U.K.

Whilst doing research into DR I have found a Spanish course based in Sosua which is handy as that is where I was going to start from.

It is 20 lessons per week and you live with a local family and you can decide how many weeks to do the course.

I think this is a great idea and would assist me with my Spanish before I began travelling.

Can anyone let me know if they have been on the course or know anymore information about it, bad or good.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am planning on travelling to the DR in May.
I am planning on starting in the North then heading to the South then onto Cuba.

My Spanish is conversational as I have worked in Spain but I am looking to develope my Spanish.

I am currently taking night classes in the U.K.

Whilst doing research into DR I have found a Spanish course based in Sosua which is handy as that is where I was going to start from.

It is 20 lessons per week and you live with a local family and you can decide how many weeks to do the course.

I think this is a great idea and would assist me with my Spanish before I began travelling.

Can anyone let me know if they have been on the course or know anymore information about it, bad or good.
What's the name of the "school" and do they have a website?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
OK.
I don't know if this will be helpful but I recognized the building and it would be Casa Goethe.
They've been around for a long time and have a good rep.
This is their website.
IIC-Language tours and Spanish courses in the Dominican Republic
It may be worth getting in touch with them through the above website, to assure that the prices are the same.
The website you gave, might just be an agent and have to charge more for the same service.
Other than that, I'm afraid that I can't give you an opinion, good or bad, except to say that Casa Goethe is legitimate and well known, so I presume that you would be getting the service that they advertise.

NIC17

Sep 12, 2007
Thanks very much for your information.
The link has given me a better insight into the school.