El Tablon: Protest march gone bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
3 manifestants injured in protest march in El Tablon.

Al least three demonstrators turned out to be injured by bullet and lead pellets during violent clashes between agents of the national Police and neighbors of El Tablon that demanded urgent attention to their problems on behalf of the authorities of the Government. A rock was thrown at the police and they just fired back injuring people.

The protest is about the relocation of people living in El Tablon and the problems created by this move.

source:
El Nuevo Norte > Inicio

RenatoSosua

Bronze
Nov 8, 2006
groups.yahoo.com
OK I've miss this news from you Rocky... Sorry

"There was a march today, organized by the people who live in El Tablon, to protest the impending obligatory move to the new homes behind La Union.
The protesters sought permission for the march several times with the local Syndico, who apparently did not give it to them.
So the protesters sent him a message that they were going to march today, with or without his permission.
Cops were dispatched, and they tossed some type of gas grenade which ignited one of the wooden houses and burned it down.
A battle ensued, in which 3 people were wounded by gunshots from the cops.
The three were taken to Puerto Plata for medical attention by the news reporting crew who were there filming the events."

I need to follow up more on specific threads like this one... I thought that I had a new event to post... I'm so far behind behind you guys from up here in Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.