How can I find someone?

txsmurf

Sep 21, 2007
Someone suggested I try SuperPagesDR, which I tried, but unfortunately I don't read Spanish too well. In the US, we have access to public records via the internet. Do they have this accessibility in DR? I can find someone by looking for a homeowner's deed or property taxes.

My friend lives in San Cristobal, DR. His friends here in the US, from DR as well, told me to just go there and ask for him, that everyone knows him because he plays for the Braves. How easy would that be?!! Can someone please help me with my problem...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Someone suggested I try SuperPagesDR, which I tried, but unfortunately I don't read Spanish too well. In the US, we have access to public records via the internet. Do they have this accessibility in DR? I can find someone by looking for a homeowner's deed or property taxes.

My friend lives in San Cristobal, DR. His friends here in the US, from DR as well, told me to just go there and ask for him, that everyone knows him because he plays for the Braves. How easy would that be?!! Can someone please help me with my problem...
You will not find him on the internet like in the US, and if his friends don't have at least his cellphone number, then they are not his friends and they are BSing you.

txsmurf

Sep 21, 2007
info

supposedly he had given his little sis a cellphone while he was here playing in the states, she broke it. the guys that told me that, are just other guys from DR that play in other brackets for the same team. i had 2 of his friends numbers, cells here in the states, but i was told they don't use them once they return home. i tried to call those, and they are off. he was supposed to come here to visit when his season ws over before returning to dominica, for a week, but the wonderful non-spanish speaking idiots he deals with, didn't understand him and sent him on to DR. needless to say, haven't heard from him since. he flew out sunday morning, talked to him friday night, said he loved me, i'd see him on sunday. and that was all she wrote...

you guys don't have a list of all the dominicans in the minors here in the us? with at least addresses?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
supposedly he had given his little sis a cellphone while he was here playing in the states, she broke it. the guys that told me that, are just other guys from DR that play in other brackets for the same team. i had 2 of his friends numbers, cells here in the states, but i was told they don't use them once they return home. i tried to call those, and they are off. he was supposed to come here to visit when his season ws over before returning to dominica, for a week, but the wonderful non-spanish speaking idiots he deals with, didn't understand him and sent him on to DR. needless to say, haven't heard from him since. he flew out sunday morning, talked to him friday night, said he loved me, i'd see him on sunday. and that was all she wrote...

you guys don't have a list of all the dominicans in the minors here in the us? with at least addresses?
Did you say Dominica?
I'm properly confused by your post, but I can tell you this.
There's no such thing as a Dominican who earns a few bux every month, who doesn't have a cellphone.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This sounds like a sad case of traveling ballplayers and the girlfriends they leave behind.

Listen dear if he wanted to get in touch with you he knows where you are right.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Dominica is actually another island and it has nothing to do with the DR.

As far as the non-spanish speaking idiots are concerned, from what I know the baseball players are not allowed to "lounge about" in the US once they are done playing, nor are they allowed to come and visit whenever they feel like it.

They are here on a work visa and that limits their comings and goings.

txsmurf

Sep 21, 2007
I meant DR, sorry about the mistype. I thought that might be part of it, the work visa explaination. I do not know much about how the work visa's work. He had mentioned coming back in 3 weeks for instructional league, but I was told by someone else he was not mandated to come for that. Who knows what happened to him, I was just trying to get in touch with him. Thanks for your input though.