Leaving the DR1 Forums

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
If I were the modererator I would shut this thread down. There are rules and they've been discussed numerous times.

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
moderators guide

Some of the most powerful people on the Internet are commoners like you and me. The effective moderation of a successful forum takes a great amount of discipline and ability, but yields great success and respect. It?s very likely that these superusers are lingering in forums and communities across the Web. They might not be moderators in every case, but chances are they?re highly respected individuals with a lot of influence in the communities in which they participate.

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
The reality is that this is a 'for profit' privately owned site that can and does whatever they see fit to do. Simple as that.

BTW- There was an interesting thread here recently? :ninja::ninja:

A

apostropheman

if you really want to leave DR1, no matter how childish you are being, then just leave and delete the bookmark/favorite and never return.

having been a mod on another forum i can tell you 1st hand how difficult, yet rewarding, and basically almost thankless a job it is....and it is a job, although unpaid. it's impossible to please everyone and order must be maintained for the good of the whole board. the funny thing is that those tha complain the loudest about moderation and the moderators are often malcontents and cause the most trouble on and to the board.
can you tell me how to deregister my profile

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
?
i dint like it when people decide to close things
Sometimes, a topic has run it's course, or it could be preventative.
Bear in mind, that our mods here have many years of experience and have pretty much seen it all, so they often have to make preemptive moves.
Of course, if someone is just being a jerk, or he's baiting, spamming, trolling, etc, it has to be nipped in the bud.
There are multitudes of reasons why a post can be deleted, or a thread closed.

That being said, I can tell you this.
Those were just details, and it really doesn't matter how it works, the real point is that it does work.
DR1 is unquestionably the biggest and best DR related website, and it has the best DR forum, and it simply wouldn't be that way if it wasn't well moderated.
Some people don't fit in well here, and they should either adapt or leave.
Those are, after all, the 2 options.
We don't pay for this forum, and it's not a God given right.

N

naturelover

oh well it seems i dont fit in.....goodbye and thanks for any help anyone gave me

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
Bear in mind, that our mods here have many years of experience and have pretty much seen it all, so they often have to make preemptive moves.
Of course, if someone is just being a jerk, or he's baiting, spamming, trolling, etc, it has to be nipped in the bud.

Those were just details, and it really doesn't matter how it works, the real point is that it does work.
DR1 is unquestionably the biggest and best DR related website, and it has the best DR forum, and it simply wouldn't be that way if it wasn't well moderated.

Maybe naturelover would like to join escott,s site LOL

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004

I think many people here have problems with compliance.

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
I think many people here have problems with compliance.

People that live, love and post about the DR generally aren't the type that like to comply.

Although I've had my fair share of run ins with the mods I do agree that for the most part the system works.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
If you look back at naturelover's threads they seem pretty tame, and on some his ideas seem sensible....many of them had to do with tennis playing. Wonder what set him off. Was it the titties thread that was closed? At the end of the day this forum accommodates a fair amount of ideas about the DR and sometimes beyond.

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Rocky said,

"That being said, I can tell you this.
DR1 is unquestionably the biggest and best DR related website, and it has the best DR forum, and it simply wouldn't be that way if it wasn't well moderated."

DR1 is extremely well run, organized, informative and moderated IMHO. A star among the multitude of forums in cyberspace.

Sounds like naturelovers' feelings got hurt.