home hunting

Mikedi

Aug 29, 2007
We will be moving to Santo Domingo. We are two My husband and me plus 3 doggies,I see a lot of the rentals down there are apartments We have a Syberian Husky , Samoyed and a Chihuahua. So we need a nice place for them too.We will apreciated any help, advised and recomendation.Thanks!

Last edited:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I don't know about the real estate market in SD. However I have had and raised Syberian Huskies , Samoyeds. Are you sure you want to move them to this climate. Especially if he SH is a Madanock with longer hair.

Bob K

Mikedi

Aug 29, 2007
I have them for 6 yaers and they are my family we are moving because my husband work. How can I live them behind? I have lived in the Phillippines and also with a Syberian husshy know it is hard that it is why I want to make sure I find the best I can do for them

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and that huskie iwll need a big backyard for his runs.
a neighbour of mine had a huskie here, he got used to the climate and the missing of his beloved snow, but at least they need their big space to run.
you can't let a dog run in Santo Domingo.
depending on your husband's job/location it may be a good idea to look for a house a bit outside of the capital city, but that depends on your needs/job aso.
Mike

pizzabite

Aug 19, 2006
There are nice neighborhoods in SD with many trees and parks. I believe either Anacoana and Cacicazgos have more green areas.

We brought our Golden Retriever mix with us this past Feb thru May. She adapted very well and behaved as if she was at home. Active in morining, sleeping during the day, and active in the evening.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Pizzabite,
i had for a long time a golden retriever myself here in punta cana, he sorrily died on cancer last november.
he adapted the climate perfectly, took it easy in the midday sun like we humans should do, too, but early morning runs around the whole area(where i live in punta cana i have luckily a very wide area to let him run alone) and his afternoon swims and runs on the beach been his big points.
golden retrievers are very easy on that.
Mike