Advice on Santiago and Jarabacoa

egeth

Oct 24, 2005
Hi, I will be coming to the DR for the fifth time with my family. We'll be staying in Las Terrenas for the beginning of the trip and then dropping the kids off in Santiago while the wife and I stay for another 6 days. Present plans call for coming to Santiago from Samana the night before ( Jan. 10)dropping the kids off at the airport. Looking for a place to stay that night either just outside the city or possibly in the city so we can walk around and enjoy the sights. Also a recommendation for a place to eat - fish goat chicken. Then I will be heading to Jarabacoa. I have stayed at Brisas del Yaque and was wondering if people might have other suggestions? Thanks in advance, Ed.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just outside the city: Camp David, up in the hills to the north of town. Or the Marriot Courtyard before you get to town coming from the airport.
In the city, Aloja Sol in the heart of town, as is the other one on Calle Mella that used to be the Santiago Camino Real. Recently renamed and remodeled by the people who own the Gran Almirante.
Both are within walking distance of the Monumento and the Ah? Bar....as well as a couple of the more "in" spots...

HB