On Closing Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJnNJ

Aug 7, 2005
Why don't the DR1 moderators let threads die their own death?

I belong to a few other forums and blogs where things can get ugly quickly, but after a while, the sock puppets go away, the blowhards take their meds and quiet down...and things move on.

Why do you guys moderate with such a heavy hand?

CJ

memphisj

Jul 17, 2007
It's not just closing threads that they have a problem with. They also delete comments they don't like at will and the use Stalin-like creative editing methods to make it seem like you said something you didn't. Oh yeah, and they change the titles of threads if they don't like those. You better stick to asking questions about how to take the bus somewhere. That seems pretty safe.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Because this forum is largely inhabited by decent folks with something substantial to add, and few of us would like to see it spoiled by trolls, sock puppets, or otherwise loco persons.

I've been deleted a few times myself. In hindsight, while I didn't much like it, it was more often than not appropriate.

Personally, I think the moderators are reasonable, fair, and highly effective.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Why don't the DR1 moderators let threads die their own death?

I belong to a few other forums and blogs where things can get ugly quickly, but after a while, the sock puppets go away, the blowhards take their meds and quiet down...and things move on.

Why do you guys moderate with such a heavy hand?

CJ

Back in the days when Robert did everything on his own that's the way it was. He didn't have time to follow every thread. Then he decided to have mods to keep some kind of order so we do.

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
And moderated should stay!!

When we came in they were already doing their job; very good by the way!

So, it's up to us to continue going back and forth to DR1 or go away and never come back!

When you post in a forum; you should be ready to accept anything that comes in return to your post; if that is the case and you want someone to always give you the answer you want to hear; then you pay someone to sit down and listen to you and agree to everything you say. Good luck finding that someone!

Keep up the good work you guys!

Hello from sunny California!

Perlanegra

A

apostropheman

Ay Dios mio...the loonies have really come out tonight!:cheeky:

moderators, you have my empathy and sympathy!

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
But again, where do you draw the line between good feedback and the constant bashing...sometimes I see this, especially new members that come asking genuine questions. And some established members here start ridiculing them? Should that be allowed?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Lets make this very clear so we have no confusion.

1) I support the moderators 100%, so you're wasting your time sending me an email or PM with a complaint. You say bad things about a moderator, I will personally delete all your posts and close your account.

2) Some forums have rules posted, others don't. Do a search, you'll find them.

3) The TOS are very clear, everyone is shown them when they register. Choosing to read them is your choice.

4) If you have an issue with the way DR1 is run, then go find another website, Google is your friend.

5) Threads like this end up either closed or deleted. So your really wasting your time posting them.

And finally...

We didn't become one of the largest, if not the largest message board in the Caribbean region by accident. It's down to the way the board is run combined with an excellent group of posters. The combination is obviously working ;)

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.