2am shooting in POP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
firstly lemme say it is not a crime-is-on-the-rise threat nor a show of sensationalism. just the story.

last night we woke up to noises that quickly became loud shouts. at 2am this is not something you want to miss so we went to the balcony just to see the security guys plus some big men in black and white khaki uniforms (identified by minovio as "military police"). right after the shooting broke out and we saw policeman chasing thieves. further shots.

now, let me drift a little from the main subjects. shots in the movies somehow sound better than those dry cracks you get from a real gun...

anyway, we went back to sleep and in the morning we found out that four thieves were caught in the act: one got two shots (later died in the hospital), second got his a** kicked by the police (not likely to leave hospital soon), third was caught this morning and fourth has run away.

they took few things from the apartment they broke into but nothing major has happened. stupid bastardo who got himself shot lost his life over fridge and tv...

i asked minovio whether there will be any police investigation and he told me it was unlikely. whoever shot the guy will go to work as if nothing happened. in EU they'd be suspended from duty to undergo psychological evaluation. here - nothing. my friend boyfriend used to serve in iraq, i asked him once if he felt bad about killing people, he answered: "i tell myself this is other soldier's bullets that kill, not mine". :ermm:

seems being a thief in DR sucks but being police is not much better.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
so what you wanna tell us with that?
to see a shrink for a couple of sessions after i shot a couple of rounds after some shaddows in the middle of the night when i hear the alarm of one of our cars starting?
i don't even check who got hit before daylight the next morning, breakfast first.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This was in the Beach Resort apartments, was it, dv8? We often hear shots in the early hours but usually assume it to be coming from Barrio Costero. There was quite a bit of activity from the military police who sleep where the house is being built opposite us at 2 am but it was the night before last I think, not last night. Maybe they were responding to another incident.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
so what you wanna tell us with that?
to see a shrink for a couple of sessions after i shot a couple of rounds after some shaddows in the middle of the night when i hear the alarm of one of our cars starting?
i don't even check who got hit before daylight the next morning, breakfast first.

i was talking about police who shoot people, that's it's not a big deal for them to KILL A MAN. :tired:

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
i was talking about police who shoot people, that's it's not a big deal for them to KILL A MAN. :tired:

Why should anyone feel bad for the perp? You have to be kidding if you think I feel bad for some criminal getting shot. As far as I'm conserned the cop did society a favor. I would buy him a beer and thank him for the fine job he did. How do you know how the cop felt. Did you ever have to shoot a man? Even when you are in the right you remember it for the rest of your life. And you second guess yourself. If you never walked in his shoes how can you second guess him? Thanks for ****ing me off.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
DV8 did you not read the report recently about the 8 policemen killed and 14 injured in SD, officers were then instructed 'not to think twice' when dealing with armed criminals. Im afraid your friends' info was wrong, they do have to complete reports on such incidents.

I think they do a great job, the honest ones, for lousy pay and Im glad that finally they are going to receive a pay rise, though not sufficient enough for what they have to deal with. They even have to pay for promotion.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by dv8
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
i know you've been talking about the cops, from my side they should get a medal and a salary raise each time they wshot an armed ass*** trying to brake into somebody's house or for what ever reason that a*** been caught with an firearm.
those cops did a good job for a salary below of my maid's income, and they risk their lifes always when they stop anybody, because you never know what that one has to hide and those bad guys are all armed.
Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have never killed anyone but i think anyone who have done so is f***ed for life. i know what the police have been told about firing without warning, i still think anyone who does that and next day goes to work as if nothing has happend is a psycho...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
i have never killed anyone but i think anyone who have done so is f***ed for life. i know what the police have been told about firing without warning, i still think anyone who does that and next day goes to work as if nothing has happend is a psycho...
I would doubt that he would be at work pretending nothing had happened, and I certainly wouldn't perceive him as a psycho for being at work the following day.
That's his job, that's the career he chose, and some ugly things come with that package.
I would expect, that if he's a well balanced person, that he might feel proud for having done a good job and ridding the world of a piece of scum, but I speak only from a point of theory, as I have no direct experience with it.
It's just my opinion.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
The thoughts that 'ridding the world of a piece of scum' and applauding it is in itself disturbing.

I think dv8 is on the right track and I agree.
Anyone applauding the taking of another life comes from those that are a little less educated.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The thoughts that 'ridding the world of a piece of scum' and applauding it is in itself disturbing.

Anyone applauding the taking of another life comes from those that are a little less educated.
Who do you perceive as doing the applauding?
Me, or the cop?

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A

Why would anyone that has killed be f***ed for life? People kill in self defense. They kill in defese of others or they kill in a time of war. Police do not always have to give a warning when firing their weapons. I can think of many different circumstances when they don't. Like I said before, until you walk in the shoes of that policeman, how dare you judge him.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A

No one was applauding the taking of human life. There were no tears being shed either for some piece of scum invading the lives of law abiding people. There are risks that one takes when he breaks into another persons home. Sometime death occurs. That is reality. There is nothing more sacrade than life. In the buisness of crime people loss their lives. Some times good guys, sometime bad guys.The policeman has a family, and has every right to go home to them at the end of the day. I do not applaud death but death happens. This time the good guys won. I applaud that.

Contenta

Aug 27, 2005
I have several friends that work for the police in the DR. And I saw some of them having a very hard time after they had to shoot someone. The reality as a policeman is, you shoot or you get shot... and like some people said before, it's amazing that these guys risk their lives for that lousy salary! A regular policeman earns 4000.- Peso monthly! I think it's a crime that the government does not pay them more and forces them to make additional $$ somehow else... because it's simply not possible to feed a family with 4000.- Peso! And I think by paying the policeman so little, the government supports corruption actively...

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
you've been referring to all who did not write against the shooter including Marco, at least it appears like that.
i hope you never find visitors in your home when coming back from work with your family/friends or even alone, armed visitors with no masks on to hide their faces.
you have a gun and say"hey, stop it", you're dead, a scene happen on daily bases in this world and very often in this country, too.
pull your gun and send 'em to h*** will be the only chance to survive in that situation, because you saw their faces.
hopefully you're balanced enough to manage the new stuff in your mind, it will be there for sure.
it doesn't matter you're a cop or working the cashier of a supermarket or one of the countless poor soldiers coming back from stupid senseless wars.
we had those bad situations over here and we survived them, not everybody watching the shootings within a few meters distance went out balanced, but at least unharmed.
who calles that "uneducated" like a prior poster shows all his educational deficits,specially the ones in life-experience.
i am univercity graded and i worked armed forces before i decided to be a fisherman in the caribbean, i don't think my education is settled that much below the average human's.
Mike

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
Im sure being a policeman in the DR is a difficult job. For most it wold be safe to say they are effected psychologically by the first time they have to kill someone. Saying they are psychos is rather inconsiderate. It is their job to protect people who are not able to. If this requires taking the life of a bad person they must do it. If someone like the poster (who appears to be totally against this) was thinking about a job like this it wouldnt be a good idea. They apparently don't have the stomach for it.

Police and military take lives of others all the time on a needed basis. Crying about it isn't going to make it all go away. In a perfect society we wouldn't need these types of jobs to exist, but we don't live in this perfect society. If you want to live in a place like this you will need to pick a place where nobody else lives and go there. Until you do that you cry all you want but life is sometimes cruel and harsh just be thankful if its the bad guy who loses his life and not the innocent bystander being robbed or the cop trying to protect your possessions from a thief.

Just my 0.02

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
exactly right Beads.
and that this happens sorrily, too, we can see/read on the other post on this bord where the watchman of the property got shot and died, right after he had dinner with the property owner. i wish i could read the news the other way "watchman killed armed intruders", but sorrily it has not been like that.
Mike

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Anyone who can justify criminal actions has never been a victim of crime or never have a loved one be a victim! Irrespective, when you play with fire ecpect to get burned!