Education in the D.R.

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
Here you GO. One for the record books.
My friends son finished high school at 15.
He wants to attend College but, they won't accept him because, he is to young and, has no CEDULAR.
They should be PROUD of him offer him a scholarship.
Instead they chose to PUNISH him.
Only is the D.R.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
He should apply to the PUCMM....I know we have had 15 year old students.

HB

PS: That should be C?DULA btw.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Many years ago, I remember one young girl, brilliant and obviously very young. She was from Moca. In August the following year, as classes were beginning, I remember (one of those "oh-so-nice" things in life) her running down a hallway and throwing herself at me with a big hug and smile: "Look Profe!!" I looked and there was her "c?dula" proving that she was now 16 years old. She was so happy.
She graduated with either Magna or Summa. Worked at CECOMSA for several years as head of their workshop (helped me out more than a few time, too!). Then she went on to head up Grupo M's IT department, and then eventually married another genius-in physics-who was getting his Ph.D. at Kansas....

So I know it can be done.....

What a nice memory that was....

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There was a case in the news a year or so ago of a very young university student, maybe 15? I think she might have been studying architecture at PUCMM in the capital.

Maybe it's just the particular university he applied to that has that requirement?

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
He was accepted at the college on Maximo Gomez I forget the name. Now they want to throw him out. I gust met with his father. I told him his son could live with my brother is Florida and attend the Univ. of Florida. but they have no money and doesn't want such a young child to be 100% on his own.

Gossette Ortiz

Oct 17, 2007
Tell your friend to try other colleges or to go directly to the Secretaria of Education and get info of what schools he could apply cuz one thing i know about the dominican republic is that they wont turn away money.

But like you said only in DR cuz they should offer at least half a scholarship, tell him/her not to give up and keep searching cuz i dont think thats right not to be excepted into a college.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I just found out that a friend's 16-year old has already started attending UASD. He turns 17 in December.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Shall we see if the good Capt. has the persistence to win on this one? To use the suggestions offered, maybe even take it to a newspaper? With your help Capt. I'm sure there could be a successful outcome. We're all behind you. :)