A little bitof information from Punta Rucia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here is the contact name and phone number for the French guy that has a nice place to stay in Punta Rucia.
I had the chance to talk to some friends from Santo Domingo that were doing Reef Check up there this past weekend and they were quite pleased with the place.
Name: Marco
Phone: 809 326 2378
Cost: RD$800 x night, includes breakfast (per room)

HB

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Hillbilly , before to promote that kind of people you should investigate a little bit more.

P.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Don Pedro, I started the reef check efforts in Punta Rucia. In fact, I paid for the first three programs out of my own pocket and housed and fed the reef check people in Hillbilly's house. I recruited volunteer divers and a local coordinator from the community and they were trained up on the porch in Hillbilly's house. I set up the system with the local park to use their boat for reef check.

It is a very difficult environment as the land ownership issues around this community influences any kind of community support work. I do think I know what you are talking about in this instance, but please send me a pm if you want to say something about this. We're not going to talk bad about people unless we know very specifically how they're trying to fit in and do their work given the endemic problems in this area.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Pedro, all I said was that these folks offer a nice place to stay at a decent price, and that the people I talked to were satisfied with what they paid for. I do not promote anything; I provided information on a "caveat emptor" basis...

In the future, if you have issues, please be more specific.

HB

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
The French guy has a nice play to stay at. Charming and simple at a realistic price. He and his German companion are also a treat to chat with. He knows the fishing and waters around the area very well and comes from a history of Green Peace, so, he is quite an activist. His companion is a sweet lady who treats the local kids for cuts, scrapes and bruises with donated supplies that she gets from her home country. Altogether great people, and an altogether charming little place to stay at. From memory they had 4 double rooms available, mostly built and decorated with local materials. I would unreservedly recommend this place to stay at.

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
Again my boat is always at service. Just pay the gas. as I have no trailer i am limited to where I can go. But, any time anyone needs to use my boat just call me.

jcrew20

Jun 22, 2005
My dad and his friend named Royal bought property in Punta Rucia about 7 or 8 years ago. The next day there were fences on every piece of property in that area. Nothing but problems since then.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Thank you Hillbilly for your moderate answer. In fact I apologize I wrote my post with my heart not with my brain. I do not wish to follow a controversy about people I do not know very well , I know then for 11 years only.
Yes Chris the place is nice.
P.

Status
Not open for further replies.