my father's molino was robbed in la canela, Santiago, 1 watchman was murdered.

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
did anyone hear about the watchman that was murdered 2 nights ago in the rice mill in la canela abajo. thieves went in to rob my fathers molino and were surprised by the watchman. shot him and ran away have not been caught yet. neighbors say there was a pickup truck roaming up and down the street since 4pm until 8pm when it happened. they caught one guy that was sitting in that truck later that night police have him in custody but the guy wont talk. i say they should torture the guy until he talks. another thing is when my father heard the shots he immediately grabbed his shotgun and found the guy dead so the thieves werent far. so hes with us because of the good will of god. our country's situation gets worse by the day and my opinion is that police and the community need to start making examples of all these thieves. beat them, shoot them, do whatever is necessary to strike fear into all these good for nothing losers who take working people's lives for no reason. now my father is depressed cause him and the guy were good friends and had just had dinner together 10 minutes ealier before things happened.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm terribly sorry to hear such a sad story.
I and several others agree with you, that these criminals have to be dealt with in a rough fashion, but we must be careful to protect the falsely accused as well.
I hope that the cops do find the other guy and make him pay dearly.
Regards, Marco.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Sorry for you father's loss. The only consolation is that that it appears watchman took his job serious and therefore knew it was dangerous and understood the risks like a true professional. Hopefully, someone will take care of his family, and knowing Dominicans, they will.

As far as the accomplice talking, I'm inclined to agree with AZB that he will be singing soon.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There Is No "Official" Death Penalty In The DR

But often things "happen" when the police arrest a suspect! Hope for the "Best" when they catch the parties responsible!

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Very Sad -

It is so sad to hear this story. I wish the best for your dad and hope that he move on.... as for the bad guys, they usually get what they deserve.

:disappoin

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
What's also bad is that the offenders have the assurance that they can take a life without having to forfeit their own. Not a bad deal for them. They owe many thanks to the church and bleeding hearts of our society.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Fair enough that it just takes a few bad apples to create violence in a society but is it the case that members on this site are incessantly harping on the violence in DR society? I doubt it. The reason is that some expats are in denial. This country is beautiful (a la Jamaica) but the "social compact" is
out of order. DR cheerleaders enjoy your little bubble. Hunger+Jealousy+Guns=Dead Gringos. Life in the DR isn't getting better, folks. Ginnie, and God bless her, came at a time when there was hope for this backwards *^*^hole. Take money with you when you walk the Malecon because you will want something to give the nice locals when they want to cut your 1st World ass up. It will be a sad day when one of the stars on this site is sliced into ribbons. Let's see if there will be an exodus of expats from the DR. One thing is for sure: such a tragedy won't help. Jamaica has a worldwide reputation for violence; when the word gets out about the DR all bets are off. I am praying for all of you. The Second Coming is upon us. God help you.:ninja:

Oh boy!!!!!

Have some respect

Last edited:

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Each and Every Day

did anyone hear about the watchman that was murdered 2 nights ago in the rice mill in la canela abajo. thieves went in to rob my fathers molino and were surprised by the watchman. shot him and ran away have not been caught yet.

It's with sorrow that I hear your report.
I haven't gone through the papers yet, but I do know that many incidents never make it to the news.
The readiness to use lethal force and brutal violence by thugs has become a very real threat to everybody. A life has become rather worthless to these criminals.

I hear certain people already saying that such things happen everywhere.
But in this country the probability of becoming a crime victim has risen sharply in the last few years.
Be aware.

Janin

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
joseinoa, condolences to your father for the loss of a loyal and trusted member of staff who was also his friend.

The police have been 'ratcheting up' recently, probably at the signals of the new Chief of Police. Trouble is, instead of ratcheting up against known hoods they are also injuring peaceful marchers & ordinary people. So while I would totally agree that the police need to get on top of crime I have some reservations about the way they are being encouraged to do it.

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
Unbelievable!!!

you guys are not going to believe this they LET THE GUY GO the one in the pickup truck i was just informed by my father. their reason was that there was not enough evidence which is BS. if they pressure someone enough they will talk. i guess there goes any hope of catching the other good for nothing low lives. thanks every one for your support. ill keep you updated.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
you guys are not going to believe this they LET THE GUY GO the one in the pickup truck i was just informed by my father. their reason was that there was not enough evidence which is BS. if they pressure someone enough they will talk. i guess there goes any hope of catching the other good for nothing low lives. thanks every one for your support. ill keep you updated.

Yes that is hard to believe, particularly when you compare to this
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/67058-2am-shooting-pop.html

One thief gets killed for stealing possessions whereas one associated with others who killed a watchman gets released...................

oceanbound

On Vacation!
May 31, 2007
Travel to any third-world or poor country involves more risk of violence. I sometimes try to imagine what I would do or feel if I was hungry and saw many who were not.

Harsh police patrol will never end this violence. Only a fair redistribution of wealth will make any changes. Don't you or your children eat for a day or two and you will have more understanding of why DR is dangerous.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
History has taught us that violence shouldn't be dealt with violence. A tougher police will just escalate the problem into greater issues. Why would you want a bunch of individuals (the police) who are often involved in crime themselves, to decide when it is right to shoot someone?!? that is nonsense and it is wrong that DR1 members should encourage it.

Crime is always linked to social issues. you know the drill : "get rich or die trying to". That's the mentality for those who are at the bottom of the social tank. It is the attitude of reject towards the society, kind of "why be part of a society that doesn't want me".

The problem is that DR (not the only country btw) has a problem with distribution of wealth and justice. Greed and personal gain has led to this situation. Those are the real enemies of DR society.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
while i would shoot and did so in the past on anybody i find working my cars or houses lock in the middle of the night, and i don't ask first "what are ya doing here?", i don't agree with the ones on the bord which want the police to be more rough. because they are hard, there's no more needed. you have to see how falsed acused persons get treated just to make sure they are "really" innocent. they don't come all back to their families at the end.
if the police sent the guy found in a truck, in some pick up truck, one of hundreds in the same area, free, you can be sure they found nothing on evidence to connect him to the murder, be sure they asked him repetively and nicely and they will not pay his medical bills now.
i am really sorry for the man who died on his duty over there,but you can not punish somebody found on a truck without any evidence that he's been involved to the crime.
if somebody saw him driving away with those murders, o.k., then get him and shoot him and call the police afterwards to clean up.
Mike

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Poll taking

Is it too late to vote in the "sensationalism" poll Nals was taking? If it's not too late I just may vote AGAIN.
john

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Is it too late to vote in the "sensationalism" poll Nals was taking? If it's not too late I just may vote AGAIN.
john

"The only feeling that anyone can have about an event he does not experience is the feeling aroused by his mental image of that event. That is why until we know what others think they know, we cannot truly understand their acts."

"...this trickle of messages from the outside [of one's mind] is affected by the stored up images, the preconceptions, and prejudices which interpret, fill them out, and in their turn powerfully direct the play of our attention, and our vision itself."

"...in the individual person the limited messages from outside, formed into a pattern of stereotypes, are identified with his own interests as he feels and conceives them."

Source: Public Opinion

-NALs :glasses: