Haitian House Music...song info please!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
just got back a couple of days ago...and well there was this one song that i kept on hearing again and again. The only info i could get on it was that it was from Haiti. It was VERY populuar...kind of reminded me of "house" music. lotsa base, few vocals, a nice piano line going on, and very tribal/african sounding.

I know this is all pretty vague...but since it was playing in the disco and on the beach at the patio in andreas....i figure SOMEONE here might be able to help me out....as i'd like to find and download it.

Thanks in advanced. I have already stumped our resident musicalolgist in a PM.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
You might want to check Wyclef Jean. He's a Haitian/American artist, and made some albums in creole...

As of Jah Nesta, he's simply the best Haitian roots reggae singer, his album was "Solda Jah".

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
thanks...i do know him...for some reason i dont think this song was by him. No vocals at ALL! Kinda reminded me of the nigerian Fela Kuti rather than reggae. Not a GREAT song..but it sure would help when i am cleaning my appartment lol!

This song was SOOOO popular when i was there last weekend. On saturday..>EVERYONE at the discoteca got up and did solo dances to it...same thing happened when i went to a "patio" in andreas. I will usualy ask the DJ for the name of the song...but i was too busy with mr brugal and dancing myself!

think...very tribal/trance/house/haitian and CURRENT

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Maybe a Kompa song? Not really house though, and normally with vocals...:ermm: . But, very popular in Haiti..