Latest Reggaeton y bachatas hits

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I was getting a hair cut today and my barber told me Frank Reyes has a new CD out. You might want to look into that. He usually has some good songs in his albums.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I was getting a hair cut today and my barber told me Frank Reyes has a new CD out. You might want to look into that. He usually has some good songs in his albums.

Thanks for the info!

Te Regalo El Mar
Frank Reyes

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
"Dime Que Falto"
Zacarias Ferreira

Feb 2007

This one above is the song of the year...

Frank Reyes is pretty dead right now.

Some that were popular a couple of week ago when I was there:

Anthony Santos: Vete y Alejate de mi (Great Bachata)

Mami: El Lapiz Conciente

Mami: Wisin y Yandel

Una Mirada: Omega y su mambo violento

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Google trick

You can find some mp3 files here.
Hover over the link to the mp3, right click and Save Target as.

Index of /(Musica)

I found this little Google trick where you can sometimes find the index for files for specific artists and mp3s to download without a file sharing program. (You know at work :paranoid: where you don't have a bitTorrent application. :paranoid:)

In the Google search type:

intitle:index for

Then the name of the artist OR the name of the song.

You might get lucky and find the mp3 to download.
Then right click and save as.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You might get lucky and find the mp3 to download.
Then right click and save as.

You also might get lucky and download a Trojan Horse!

I DO NOT recommend this method of downloading music, you have no idea what kind of files you are downloading and if they are corrupt or not.

tambo'

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Thanks Tamborista, for the advice.

I've been merrily downloading files thinking that if the file extension was mp3 I was safe. :( I didn't know you could bind a trojan to an mp3.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
How about these?

Amor Del Bueno- I don't know the artist, but I love that song
Nunca- Crvando Moret
La Quiero- Dominnic M
Prieta Linda- Zacarias Ferreira (although I like anything I hear by him)
Right now this is one of my favorites La Otra- Ilegales /Monch & Alexandra

These are some of what I am listening to right now, I am not sure if they are old or new but they sure do sound good. lol

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
I've been loving the new Joe Veras album Travesia. It has the hits La Travesia, Chiquita Chiquita and El Amor. I love all his albums though, especially Tonto Corazon, which has the great songs Tonto Corazon, No Vuelvo Contigo, and La Pared (in addition to the title song Tonto Corazon).

Luis Vargas also has a new album out, which I have heard and like but don't own yet. Also I hear that Andy Andy has a new album out, which I have not heard, but that song Que Ironia from his album Ironia is still heard all over the place and is a pretty good album too.

My favorite album this year though is a singer named Puerto Plata. He is 84 years old and this is his first album, though he's been performing in the Dominican Republic for 60 years or so. This is a terrific album of old Bachatas, the album is called Mujer de Cabaret. This company specializes in the old bachatas and merengues, and is called IASO Records, and you can purchase the Puerto Plata album as well as their other album by Super Uba at IASO Records - Roots Bachata, Merengue, & World Music. They also say that they will be having other releases of old bachatas in the future, so you can sign up for their email list if you're interested.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I should add "Es tan dificil" to the list (not sure who is it from). It was playing non-stop when I was there last week. And to tease the chicas (considering the rest of the song), I used to say "A veses es tan facil.... !?". They kept saying "tu malo" of course, I think "malo" is my middle name down there.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I should add "Es tan dificil" to the list (not sure who is it from). It was playing non-stop when I was there last week. And to tease the chicas (considering the rest of the song), I used to say "A veses es tan facil.... !?". They kept saying "tu malo" of course, I think "malo" is my middle name down there.

Es tan dificil is from Zacarias on the CD Dime que falto. It's not a new one though

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
According to Amazon, the release date of Dime Que Falto was February of 2007, so I believe it is his latest unless there's a more recent release then that. You still hear the song La Avispa from Zacarias's previous release Quiereme playing all over the radio all the time too though.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I heard that Joe Veras "esta pegao" with "Chiquita Chiquilla" and
"En El Amor", someone sent that CD to me from the DR and its rocking.

I loooooooove Chiquita Chiquilla. oh ok I'm gonna go listen to it now.